ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Hello fellow Ingo'ers! What we have here is some Grade A choice 3/8" AR500!!:draw:

This is the same stuff that made an appearance at both the SKS and Long Range shoots this past weekend. I decided to run some more targets and even got a few full sized IPSC targets into the mix.

I have plenty of 12", 8", and 4" targets, but only 3 of the IPSC torsos.

PM for pricing

Targets are HyDef plasma cut from prime 3/8" Pickle and Oiled AR500 (not scrap). HyDef plasma keeps most of the heat in the material that is cut away, thus leaving the mechanical properties of the remaining part minimally altered. Each target has a set of oversized 1/2" mounting holes perfect for using 1/2" bolts and suspending from a chain. It is not recommended to shoot at steel at less than 15 yrds with handgun calibers and 100 yrds with rifle cartridges.

Here are some shoots of the steel in action this past weekend:

At the SKS shoot. :ar15:
    These were a bit inside the recommended distance, but a good testament to the durability of the steel. On the left is the AR500 and on the right is some mild steel. The mild steel was actually 15 yrds or so further away than the AR500.

misc121.jpg

Here is some action from the Long Range shoot (Nice shooting Nick and soon to be Mrs. Nick!)

100_3996.jpg

As you can see, these targets can be painted with the color of your choice. As the paint is shot off, simply apply a new coat and you have a brand spanking new reactive target!:rockwoot:

Did someone say Torsos?

DSC02597.jpg

The prices listed above are for a FTF meet. I will be at the 1500 this weekend, at least on Saturday, maybe Sunday.
    The smaller targets will fit in flat rate USPS boxes as another option. Prices to ship will range from $5 to $15 per box. PM me for a shipping quote.

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    put me down for an 8" and you'll probably have to ship it to 47403 unless someone from b-town is going up saturday or sunday and can get it for me.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    put me down for an 8" and you'll probably have to ship it to 47403 unless someone from b-town is going up saturday or sunday and can get it for me.

I need to get down to B-town soon to pick some stuff up anyway. We'll keep in touch and I'll let you know when I am headed down.

Back to the top for everyone to see! Anyone else need anything brought to the show?

KahrFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Speedway
    Did you guys not make it today? I looked, but forgot you said you may not be there until tomorrow or the day after. I'll have to show up at an sks shoot, I guess:)

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Did you guys not make it today? I looked, but forgot you said you may not be there until tomorrow or the day after. I'll have to show up at an sks shoot, I guess:)

Don't have a table. I hope to get one next show... I was just planning on bringing the targets that had been requested and meeting in the parking lot or in the area. No need to lug all the weight around all day!

If anyone is interested you will need to contact me through here. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot was kind enough to send me some pictures today of some tests he ran with his .50bmg. Ammo used was M33 ball and all shots were taken at 100 yards. Target used was one of my 3/8" AR500 squares (12"). Thanks for the pictures!

2010-03-2695134523.jpg

2010-03-2695134513.jpg

2010-03-269513_24437.jpg

2010-03-2695134449.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Holy crimeny! 50bmg at 100 yards and if you look at it in juuuust the right angle you can kind of see a dent. What percentage of depleted uranium is required to get that level of hardness?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom