• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    The PSA AR9 will fire out of battery.Mine did it twice on one outing and was sent back to PSA for a full refund.They admitted the hybrid will fire out of battery.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    I built a colt mag setup with a Promag block years ago when .22lr was being hoarded by everyone. It's been a great shooting gun, CMMG bolt and a 7.5in generic barrel. After that I built a Glock mag 3.5in pistol and it became a money pit quickly. The lrbho isn't a common feature on the regular Glock lower setups and I ended up buying an expensive lrbho upper then had to get the rail milled to clear that upper. After all that was said and done the lrbho was mag sensitive. My recommendation, go Colt mag if you want a lrbho.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    The PSA AR9 will fire out of battery.Mine did it twice on one outing and was sent back to PSA for a full refund.They admitted the hybrid will fire out of battery.

What about the design of a blowback AR setup would make you think it won't fire out of battery? .22 conversion kits will as well.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    BrianT, the only thing that I had to do to get the Uzi mags to run was cut a new mag catch slot in the mag body. A quick search online should find you the location dimensions. If not, let me know and I'll get them to you.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    AR-9 that I put together. PSA Glock lower with their 10.5" MLok upper. Installed an extended Bolt Catch in order to lock the bolt back. Standard bolt catch could not reach the bolt.

PSA AR-9.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Nice. Really like the angled rail with flash can. How does it run with the glock mags snoop?

It runs really well with Glock factory mags and MagPul mags. The ETS mags also work well. Have run around 1000 rounds of factory ammo, reloads and steel case through it, with no ammo related issues. Feeds either round nose of hollow points. I have let others shoot it and they have all been impressed with the accuracy. I use it as a cheap plinker/training firearm to practice drills. I also like the compatability with my Glock 17, and the wife/daughters enjoy shooting it. I've got about $600 in it.

It did have multiple malfunctions with Korean aftermarket SMC mags. Traded those off and never looked back.

Last edited:

Cbrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    brownsburg
    I like the PSA AR9 and the feedback from those who have them seems to be pretty good. I plan to build on in the future as they are affordable.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I have the lower and I just bought the Upper from psa and it should be here tomorrow. It’s not a priority build, but when I get around to finishing it, I’ll let you know.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have the lower and I just bought the Upper from psa and it should be here tomorrow. It’s not a priority build, but when I get around to finishing it, I’ll let you know.

So, did you go Colt or Glock pattern>
    Inquiring minds want to know...

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Stupid question here....I've been looking at AR builds in 9mm and see some called an AR-15 and some called an AR-9. Is there a difference? I've enjoyed reading through this thread seeing what everyone has.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Stupid question here....I've been looking at AR builds in 9mm and see some called an AR-15 and some called an AR-9. Is there a difference? I've enjoyed reading through this thread seeing what everyone has.

Yours is a very good question. The difference is based upon the style of magazine well.

The AR-15 style uses a standard mag well, with an Adapter Block to accommodate Colt style magazines. There are new ones out that can fit Glock style magazines.

Z
    98a859700c0aeaf0606b34e22f6b7184.jpg

The AR-9 has a lower receiver with a mag well designed specifically to fit Colt or Glock style mags.

Colt style lower.jpg

Colt Style mag.

Colt Glock.jpg

Colt on top. Glock on bottom.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I built mine on a KAK Colt pattern mag block, Spinta Precision bcg, Kaw Valley 7.5oz heavy buffer and spring. Standard AR upper and lower receiver set, stock and commercial buffer tube, SBR.

Only drawback is the good mags are expensive. Brownells 32rd mags are cheaper and 100% reliable. They are relabled Metalform, same OEM manufacture of Colt.

https://www.kakindustry.com/ar15-9mm-mag-adaptor

Top Bottom