• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Dumpling from the 80s :lmfao: Those must have made quite an impression on you Rhino :):

I agree Wendy's is the best.

Anyone remember the kick-a** apple dumplings they had back in the mid 1980s? Those were AWESOME. My sister had a friend who used to buy one and a frosty and mix 'em together.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Anyone remember the kick-a** apple dumplings they had back in the mid 1980s? Those were AWESOME.

Cannot say I remember those, but I do remember one Wendy's that had a small buffet. The one I recall was in West Lafayette, IN. I know I saw it at one other location, but can't remember where.

Anytime I'd go visit friends at Purdue, I made sure to hit Wendy's for all the tacos and burritos I could roll as well as a great salad and piles of fresh fruit.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Oh yeah I remember the buffets now! We had one north of South Bend if I remember right. Wow I forgot all about those!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Cannot say I remember those, but I do remember one Wendy's that had a small buffet. The one I recall was in West Lafayette, IN. I know I saw it at one other location, but can't remember where.

Anytime I'd go visit friends at Purdue, I made sure to hit Wendy's for all the tacos and burritos I could roll as well as a great salad and piles of fresh fruit.

All of the corporate stores had a "Super Bar" with salad and hot food. They cost each store $10k to install. I'm sad to say I was there when they were installed, and I was still there when they were removed. They eventually removed them all because the customers started cheating. Buying a plain potato and then loading it up at the buffet without paying for it and so forth. They started losing boatloads of money on it.

Interesting side note, the Sunday church crowd were always, by far, the biggest buffet cheats and slobs. They would come in after church, order their plates, set the table all nice with their plastic forks on their napkins and the drinks in the corner of their place setting, and then completely destroy the buffet, dump food all over the floor around their tables, and leave without cleaning anything up. Why do people turn into complete animals when they eat out?

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Why do people turn into complete animals when they eat out?
    Cause they have you to clean up after them!:D

I remember those 'super stores' and their huge salad bars. We had them in CA, too. They were always packed and and the salad bar was always messy. Employees were always cleaning it up and resupplying. But it was good!

Wasn't that where the glass hood came into being? From all the idiots sneezing on the food?

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Super Bar! That's the name...thank you for that.

Sunday church crowds can be rude. I've actually seen angry gestures and heard horns honked while everyone hurries to leave the parking lot after a Sunday service. Maybe they were all in a hurry to raid the Super Bar and scam Wendy's.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Cause they have you to clean up after them!:D

I remember those 'super stores' and their huge salad bars. We had them in CA, too. They were always packed and and the salad bar was always messy. Employees were always cleaning it up and resupplying. But it was good!

Wasn't that where the glass hood came into being? From all the idiots sneezing on the food?

Seriously, though! Go to any restaurant and you'll see slobs dumping food everywhere! I watched some kid smearing food on the wall last week and the parents didn't say a word! Honestly, how would they like it if I went to their house and behaved that way?

I don't know about the sneeze shield, but Wendy's did pioneer both the drive-through and the salad bar.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Oh, I know about sloppy customers. I financed college with bar tending and restraunt service jobs. Uh-huh! I do know!:n00b:

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Go to any restaurant and you'll see slobs dumping food everywhere! I watched some kid smearing food on the wall last week and the parents didn't say a word!

My Dad would've ripped my head off for even thinking about something like that. Then again, I wouldn't have thought about doing anything like that in the first place.

Of course, you can't say anything to the child-we certainly wouldn't want to stunt his or her creativity. :wtf:

I do know that my Dad's youngest brother has some hellions for kids. I went there for a family dinner and got stuck at the kids table in the other room. They were tossing food around the room and into the floor heating/AC ducts. When my aunt and uncle heard about it, they just sort of laughed. I am about 5 years older than these nut cases, but we were all family, yet 100% opposites.

Takes all kinds, I suppose

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My Dad would've ripped my head off for even thinking about something like that. Then again, I wouldn't have thought about doing anything like that in the first place.

I have a daughter of my own. I understand that kids are messy and you can't always stop them in time. But when it's the adults that are dropping food all over the floor and they don't even make an effort to try to pick it up, it really steams my hams.

Good Lord, I thought all my food service nightmares were behind me. Thanks for bringing that all back to the front.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Good Lord, I thought all my food service nightmares were behind me. Thanks for bringing that all back to the front.

Going out in public makes me all too aware of how we're going downhill fast. Parents don't even know not to dump food all over the place, let alone allow their children to do it.

More and more I understand hermit behavior :n00b:

Anyway, back on topic of Arby's and Wendy's :lol2:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Going out in public makes me all too aware of how we're going downhill fast. Parents don't even know not to dump food all over the place, let alone allow their children to do it.

FWIW, we're very careful to teach our daughter proper manners and how to behave in public. We have never allowed tantrums, for example. A tantrum immediately ends our visit wherever we happen to be. No exceptions.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Good for you two!

That seems to be how my parents did it. One warning to settle down and then it was over.

Not only did that teach us to restrain ourselves and to act appropriately, it kept the peace for innocent bystanders.

I have watched children writhing on the floor, kicking and screaming, in restaurants. I have heard kids making such racket, with the shrill screaming as if in pain, that I have moved to the area to ask if someone is in need of medical attention.

I get "deer in the headlight" looks as a response.

"Yeah, pick your kid up and get the hell outta' here with that savage behavior" is what runs through my head, but I've not said it...yet.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'll tell you this: Working the drive-through was quite an education in my young life. You'd be surprised at the number of women who drive pants-less. I know I sure was (surprised, not pants-less).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What in the world? Dare I even ask?

Apparently, women can get away with that more than men can. So they do. Frequently.

They'd come through with no pants, or a very short skirt and no underwear, or a loose-fitting low cut top and no bra, you name it. Most of them knew what they were doing. A few were just morons who didn't realize you could see down their shirts. Either way, for a 17-year old kid before the internet had evolved past Gopher and WAIS, it was gold. We would fight over who got to work drive-through on warm nights.

Top Bottom