• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D the Bruce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    New Castle IN
    http://cdn2.cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Archangel-Mosin-Nagant-Stock.jpg Its here...well in a few months. Archangels new mosin stock amazed the shot show. With a suggested price of $200, its a nice piece of hardware to change up the "$100" rifle. With an advertized "drop in install" and very desired mag conversion...5 and 10 round mags sounds good to me. Until now only ati and a few customs have been it. Granted some would argue a stock that costs twice as much as the rifle is a waste. Im interested and if it can be brought down to $150 im buyin. Find more on youtube.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Dang that looks sexy. I passed this along to my friend with a mosin, he is determined to buy one now. I'll let you know if and or when that actually happens.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Some purists and going to say it's terrible. Honestly, I think it's kind of cool for a cheap gun.

I kinda like it.

I do wish that picture had the actual gun with the bolt so you could see what it really looks like.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    1st, Welcome to INGO! Introduce thine self in the section for such! :)

To your post: Detachable mags, pretty cool. Composite stock material, definitely. Price, okay, bear in mind, it's new and it's MSRP, actual price may be lower.

Downside: Promag. Every Archangel product I have seen out at our range (mostly the 10/22 stuff) was absolute garbage. Yeah, yeah, yeah, some guy will pop up, "I've never had an issue". Sorry man, your sample size is one...

Don't discount the Mosin. The accuracy thing is due to poor stock fitting, milsurp ammo, horrible crowns and people not being selective about bores. I have a clean, shimmed Russian 91/30 that with it's scout mounted pistol scope will do 1.5 MOA with garbage ammo, around 1 MOA (then heat stringing though with continous fire) with my hand loads.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Here's a few different pictures for perspective.

Mosin%25203.jpg

Mosin2.jpg

0.jpg

trac-aa9130.jpg

IMG_2077_zps7293086d.jpg

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Yeah yeah yeah. It's a polished turd with 100+ year history that can ne made into someone favorite rifle. I loved my Mosin and would have trusted it to feed and protect me and any commrades around me.

To each his own. Mosins just don't do much for me. I respect the history. After seeing those pics I retract my polished turd comment. Those are more like a turd covered in burnt hair.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    What if I told you I was pinging 8" steel at 300 yards with a m38 with a scope? Totally buying this.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    I think it's pretty cool, but for the price of a mosin being roughly $100 and an MSRP on the stock of $200, you're in the price range of a used rem 700 or even a new or lightly used savage or mossberg .308 bolt gun, which takes a lot of the attractiveness out of a mosin IMO.

Top Bottom