• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ok so when i first started buying guns about a year or two ago, i went into H and H to get a pistol. Nothing real nice just a 9mm high point, and i was not happy with it so i wont be doing highpoint anymore,.. But thats irrelevant.. I asked one of the guys which pistol is American made. He told me that no guns are American made anymore, he stated that the gun company may have their head quarters here in the US but the actuall making of most all guns is done over seas..

I made this thread because i wanna know if this is true or if there are some guns still manufactured in the US. I like to have some good American stuff in my collection, so if some are made here, which ones? :patriot:

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    gasp.jpg

HE SAID HI POINT!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:runaway:

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I believe Ruger is American made as well. At least they tout " The only full-line manufacturer of American-Made firearms..." on their home page.

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Often on firearms forums you will find people that scoff at different firearms and that can be an indicator to look into it's origin.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You guys have to stop listening to what you hear in gun stores.:D

He told me that no guns are American made anymore, he stated that the gun company may have their head quarters here in the US but the actuall making of most all guns is done over seas..

Complete nonsense. That may apply to a specific brand, but to say that "no guns are American made" is Bradyesque in its wrongness. Was the clerk trying to sound smart or just pulling your leg? Maybe all the store had for sale was foreign made weapons?

The pistols I carry are all American made:

Les Baer Custom Inc.

Kahr Arms | Maker of high quality handguns in USA

Handguns - Smith & Wesson

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area
    You guys have to stop listening to what you hear in gun stores.:D

Complete nonsense. That may apply to a specific brand, but to say that "no guns are American made" is Bradyesque in its wrongness. Was the clerk trying to sound smart or just pulling your leg? Maybe all the store had for sale was foreign made weapons?

The pistols I carry are all American made:

Les Baer Custom Inc.

Kahr Arms | Maker of high quality handguns in USA

Handguns - Smith & Wesson

Exactly!

"You guys have to stop listening to what you hear in gun stores." I would also add internet forums to that. There's good info and bad info... you have to do some research on your own to tell the difference.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Yeah, it's no Sig or Smith n Wesson, but it's made, if I remember correctly, over in Dayton. They have several of the pistol variants, and a couple of popular rifles. The rifles are about as simple as the pistols, and fun to shoot.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Who cares where it was made? If it works well, buy it. That is the beauty of capitalism. Which happens to be the beauty of America.

I agree. I try to buy things made here, built by American workers. However just because something is made here, does not always mean it's better or cheaper. I want the best quality I can get for the amount of money I spend.

Top Bottom