Are Crossbreed Holsters as comfortable as I hear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Well worth the money. I got one from Santa back in December. I have carried with various holsters since 1991 and have found the Crossbreed Supertuck to be the most comfortable holster I have ever used. I carry a Glock 30SF in mine. It will also fit my Glock 21SF.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I have always been skeptical of the claims made by others about Crossbreed holsters and due to the cost I had never tried one. That was until a fellow INGO member had one for sale at a good price, so I decided what the heck, I'll try it and if I don't like it I will sell it. Well, that was a about a month ago and all I can say is, :wow: what a difference from all the other holsters I have tried. Definitely worth it.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Meh, I had one for a little while, the kydex cracked and I didn't think it was all that comfy anyways. They did send me a new one free of charge. I liked my old MTAC much better, and the Crossbreed ripoff I bought is more comfortable, and allows a better grip on my pistol. Their customer service is top notch though.

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    been using one for about 8 months now. it is without a doubt the best most comfortable iwb holsters out there. walking around all day and even ran with it with no problems. i only have an issue with it when im driving and its only cause im not used to it and i still get tensed up when im driving.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Anyone have an issue with wear on pants like:

P1070058.JPG

i ask because I want to make one, and am debating on covering the "muzzle" end with a leather open ended pocket.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    been using one for about 8 months now. it is without a doubt the best most comfortable iwb holsters out there. walking around all day and even ran with it with no problems. i only have an issue with it when im driving and its only cause im not used to it and i still get tensed up when im driving.
    Probably best to remove from the holster when in the car as it will be difficult to access whilst sitting. I usually have it on the passenger seat under a newspaper or something, or between the door and drivers seat if I have a passenger.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    I have 2. First one for a G17 and carried it often for 2 years and loved it. Had to give back the Glock and then got a P226. So i bought a new Super tuck for it and love it. Found out you can have them re done so my G17 is going back now to be refit for a purchase i am making soon. An i bet ill like that one as much as the others.

They are kinda pricey, but NRA members and LEO's get 10% off. There belts are really nice too. My friends balk at the price, but i laugh when we go out and they ask me why im not carring my gun. Haha

Oh btw. Never had any problems with it wearing holes in my pants. I usually carry at 3-330 though.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I wasn't very happy with my supertuck. Hard to break in and if you don't have a slender, rock like core - it will eat into your side. I used it for my 1911.

If you want an amazingly durable and all day comfortable IWB - get yourself a Comp-Tac Minotaur. By far the most comfortable holster I've ever wore. I carry my G32 and Sig P239 in mine.

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a Galco King Tuk that I use for my fullsize 1911 and I have the same issue. Your favorite pair of jeans will surely end up with a hole worn through it. I guess it all depends on what the barrel lengh of your pistol is and how far it extends past the holster.

P1070058.JPG

i ask because I want to make one, and am debating on covering the "muzzle" end with a leather open ended pocket.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

P1070058.JPG

Maybe its just my strange thinking, but you might want to change your pants once in a while.
    :dunno:

I've never had that problem and have been using my CrossBreed for well over 3 years. Works just as well in a pair of jeans as it does with Khaki pants or dress slacks.

Top Bottom