• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I've always been a PC guy...

I don't know where I got this idea or generalization, but I always associated Apple with Liberals...they don't know how to do anything for themselves and criticize those of us that do.

Same here :yesway:

Wliz9.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get a PC to connect to my network. Sad to say, it's been a total flop and I'll likely have to replace a piece of hardware in the piece of crap. Again. All of the Macs in my house connect up instantly. Windows and Wintel hardware are not user friendly and if my kids didn't want to play some old PC games, I'd likely throw the piece of crap in the garbage. PC's are the Hi Point of the computer world.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Mac users= 1911 level of fanboy

Meh, the same could be said of Glocks. Plus, the 'selling points' of Glocks and Apple are pretty much the same. Cool, ease of use, reliability, etc. And of course one of their big drawbacks is that they're both less safe. The 'trigger safety' of a Glock is an absolute joke, and Apples have horrendous virus protection.

Edit: For the record I carry a 1911 and dual boot Windows and Linux.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Great thread, I've been saying for a couple of years now that glock owners are just like iPhone owners. They think that the product they buy somehow makes them better than everyone else. They likely have a fine product but arguably there is something just as good or better. Their typically close minded folk, but good people nonetheless. I mean this in a very nice way.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Meh, the same could be said of Glocks. Plus, the 'selling points' of Glocks and Apple are pretty much the same. Cool, ease of use, reliability, etc. And of course one of their big drawbacks is that they're both less safe. The 'trigger safety' of a Glock is an absolute joke, and Apples have horrendous virus protection.

Edit: For the record I carry a 1911 and dual boot Windows and Linux.
    Macs don't currently need virus protection. Unlike Windows.

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Has anyone else noticed that most 1911 fanatics are crusty old farts that hate anything new. LoL . My dad is a nam vet and he told me that in basic his instructor told them to firmly grip their 1911 until they see the whites of the enemies eyes and then throw it at them b/c you had a better chance of hitting them. True story!!! PC and glock for life buddy!!!

This is so funny, my dads a nam vet too and said the same thing I swear! Top it off he's been a ma bell phone customer so long he doesn't even care about his phone features, he just pays them. :dunno:

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I'm a huge fan (but not fanboy) of both. I actually think Glocks are "pretty" in their own elegant kind of way - and many of the Apple devices have that same quality.

On another front I don't reboot my Mac's every day because of some mystery problem (like some PCs) and I don't have to clear jams from my Glocks.

They both just seem to work for me, but other folks have great experiences with other brands.

Top Bottom