• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    are ILL people really stupid(not saying all are)
    So I'm browsing the barter adds on craigslist and come across this post wanting to trade a mig welder for a gun. I have seen it many times an flagged it. I finally decided to text the ad owners telling that it was not only a state and federal law but there is alot of jail time to go with it for any indiana resident to also be dumn enough to let a gun go to another unregistered instead of thru an ffl.
    Could it be a setup...i doubt it, most likely someone who shouldn't have a firearm to begin with...,
    Was it the right move for me to text an tell them to stop listing in the indiana northwest listing or should i have just let it go...what's your thoughts?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sounds like he was trying to bypass Illinois' tough gun requirements as well as violating cross-state federal law. I don't know that your comment to him will do much good, but I don't have any confidence that he is on the up-n-up.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    When i get a response, if i do, I'll post it..
    I know from going to some gun shows in northern indiana, most of the sales have stopped since private sellers HAVE been checking drivers liscenses. Funny to watch them make excuses and such to be "shot" down still as to why they are legal to get a gun here yet won't mess with an ffl transfer..

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    If the ad is in Illinois CL than isn't he trying to trade within Illinois? Is it illegal for to guys in Illinois to make such a trade?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The ad is in the nothwest indiana listings even if it technically illinois, it's still indiana NWI

Under CL when you post for chicagoland region it defaults and list all the regions of which nwi is one of them. You either have to uncheck nwi or do a manual section of which area,of chicago,you, want the ad in.

He might be lazy and just posting in all of chicagoland region

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Any time i listed something, you have to pick an area, an yea, "all" is an option.

Got a response back from the ad owner. First text said....good for you, second said...it's not illegal if going thru an ffl,
    Figured I'd stop the communication with them instead of starting something more. Just kept thinking to myself....yea like this person care about doing it the legal way...

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    You in IN can sell him a gun in IL, if you use a IL FFL. It sounds like he knows that. Did the ad say no FFL or something?

Also what do you mean by "let a gun go to another unregistered "?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    You in IN can sell him a gun in IL, if you use a IL FFL. It sounds like he knows that. Did the ad say no FFL or something?

Ad said nothing but looking to trade mig welder for a gun. Ad posting location was NWI. I believe the text response about using an ffl was so he didnt sound like a problem or to sound intelligent.
    What i ment about another unregistered gun going , was to someone that shouldn't have it in Illinois as is the reason they must have a foid card to even purchase ammo.

Last edited:

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    The people of Illinois did elect Obumma to the senate. So if you ask if people in Illinois are that stupid...

Top Bottom