Are most women just naturally good shooters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I'd like to hear from some of the women out there. How long did it take you to become reasonably proficient at shooting? Do you have the ability to pick up virtually ant firearm, and shoot it reasonably well right away. The reason I am asking, is so I can accurately gauge what my wife does. She has an uncanny ability to shoot well with almost any firearm almost immediately. A couple of months ago she decided she wanted a revolver. I resisted, because I felt that the double action trigger pull was going to be an issue for her. We picked up an S&W 640 about a month ago for her, and she has done nothing but amaze me with it. I fed her 6 different 38 special loads, and a 357 magnum load. She just kept putting them in the ring.

Ladies, is this the norm...are you all that good? lets here it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    if you saw my post from earlier my wife is a great shot...she has not shot for about ten years...I'm the gun nut, she tolerates it.I'm not gonna **** her off!
    besides the whole "don't **** off the one you sleep with" thing!!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have heard that it was easier to teach women to shoot b/c they didn't have the male ego ingrained into them. I know that the girls I've taught to shoot all did pretty well.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have heard that it was easier to teach women to shoot b/c they didn't have the male ego ingrained into them. I know that the girls I've taught to shoot all did pretty well.

:yesway: Yep pretty much my experience. Except for my sister, she won't listen to a darn thing.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I took my wife shooting for the first time in a LONG time today, and she did really well with our Ruger GP-100. She was a little shaky at first, but once she got settled in, she was grouping really well, and actually had tighter groups with the 110 grain .357 magnums than with the 130 grain .38 target ammo I had! She said she enjoyed the feeling of power from the flash and thump of the magnum rounds. Gotta love that!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'm convinced that this is the case.
    I've trained several female Officers in Combat Handgun Techniques and they just seem to roll into the regime without sweating the details.
    Guys on the other hand want SO bad to do well that they tense up and take longer to develop the disciplines needed to become truly proficient.
    In the guy's defense they continue to improve gradually with practice where the ladies abilities plateau early and take longer to reach their optimum proficiency level. :dunno:
    Just my observations.
    Mike

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    its possible. my aunt is in the Navy as a security personel on the USS Enterprise and in boot camp she was top shot in her class. her dad, my grandpa hunted, but to my knowldge she did not get any shooting experience from him.

darkwang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Michiana
    Took my girlfriend to the range last week. She has never held or shot a gun before besides a BB gun when she was little. She was a natural with the AR15 shooting .22 Hitting clay at 50 yards within 15 shots and then nailing out at 100 yards soon after. This was with iron sights. I was extremely impressed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom