• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    I seriously do not understand the reasoning behind these unjustifiably skyrocketed prices everyone is putting on their stuff they are trying to sell. Whether it be firearms, magazines, ammunition, or whatever. For one, as of today there is no promise or assurance of a ban in the near future. Regardless of what you see on tv or read online. Only speculation by panic ridden individuals spreading wild extreme opinions on what they believe will happen.

Two, regardless of the likeliness of the possibilty of any sort of ban coming into affect it doesn't justify you to create your own concept of what things are worth. I understand that it is your property and If you have the desire to sell it you can put however high of a price tag your heart desires on it. But, when you have bumped your own post in the marketplace about five or six times in a week, because no one is offering you anything close to what you want, then maybe it's time to be a little bit more reasonable and rational about the situation and drop the price a little or atleast let yourself become open to reasonable offers.

Like I said, you have the right to sell whatever you have for whatever you want, but when an established companies website is selling the same thing brand new shipped for tens or hundreds of dollars less, it kind of makes you look like an idiot. So, it would be nice if you would quit flooding the marketplace with your unessecary bumps in hopes to get one complete fool to offer you what you want. Just saying.

True Republican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    The reason for the raising gun and gun accessory prices are simple supply and demand. The prices we are seeing now are what the market will bear. You only have the government to blame, headed up by the greatest gun salesman in history Barack Obama.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I have no problem with people asking inflated prices. I am not paying it so, have at it.

It just helps me if I am offering a similar item at a reasonable price. They are just trying to maximize their profits. I can't hold it against them, but they will not get any money from me.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    No he said "are people are that nieve", not naive. Don't hijack this thread dammit! I know a lot of nieve people. I may be one of them.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I don't understand why the OP and so many just don't get it. The skyrocketting prices are easier to understand than their lack of understanding basic market principles. Do they still teach economics in high school? Clearly they don't teach spelling or grammar.

Furthermore, why do you even care what people are charging? In fact, why do I care what....

njbenja06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Some are over the top but it is capitalism at its finest. And the high prices are not just here, they are everywhere. And while it is not certain a ban will come it is not certain one will not either. Some people have extra cash and want to be safe than sorry. I won't do it but I can't blame private owners too much. I personally find online retailers and their prices more offensive. A site I have bought 3 guns from is selling the EXACT SAME wasr 10/63 for $400 more than they were just over a month ago

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    This is a market.

This is what markets do... :D

Yup...supply and demand, the basic fundamentals taught in every 100-level Econ class and textbook.

If one doesn't want to participate in the current market due to prices, they are free to save their money until demand (and prices) drop. Case in point: I'd like to get more Pmags, but I'm not willing to spend $40 on a Pmag because I don't value it that highly. Obviously some folks do, and are willing to pay that, because if they weren't prices wouldn't be that high.

Same concept as somebody placing an ad in the classifieds section, then lowering their price one or two times until they get a buyer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yup...supply and demand, the basic fundamentals taught in every 100-level Econ class and textbook.

If one doesn't want to participate in the current market due to prices, they are free to save their money until demand (and prices) drop. Case in point: I'd like to get more Pmags, but I'm not willing to spend $40 on a Pmag because I don't value it that highly. Obviously some folks do, and are willing to pay that, because if they weren't prices wouldn't be that high.

Same concept as somebody placing an ad in the classifieds section, then lowering their price one or two times until they get a buyer.

Let's break the code: "There's something I really want in the classifieds but it is priced higher than I want to pay."

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Personally, if I was selling it to someone I knew that would keep it, I would sell it for what it was worth prior to the craze. If it was to some random Joe off here or armslist, I'm going to go for the current market price. Why would I sell at a price to them that they can easily flip for a good profit?

Sure, that stripped lower may only have cost you $90, but wouldn't it make you mad to know you sold it to someone that just flipped it for $400?

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Prices

I don't understand why the OP and so many just don't get it. The skyrocketting prices are easier to understand than their lack of understanding basic market principles. Do they still teach economics in high school? Clearly they don't teach spelling or grammar.

Furthermore, why do you even care what people are charging? In fact, why do I care what....

+1

Top Bottom