Are the Glock 42 gouging ticking anybody else off?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Saw this ad on Armslist for a Glock 42:

As stated. Never fired.

Love the gun. Looking to see what's out there. Open to reasonable offers. No 450 isn't reasonable. Hard to find. I have one. Also may be interested in other trades. Only firearms. No I don't want your lawn mower or xbox.

My Response: I tend to think that $450 is a reasonable offer. Since I saw my local gunshop sell two G42 for $425 each. These are priced $424 and $440 with free shipping on two reputable gun websites. I am aware that this gun is popular and selling out, but it is annoying to me that there are people buying this weapon purely to turn around and try to make money off it. Which I believe could be illegal, based on the form you fill out while purchasing. No sir, I don't think I will contact you for a potential trade plus cash, because I am scared of the horrendous amount you will be requiring for your Glock. How do you love the gun that you have never fired? Sounds to me as you bought this gun to turn a profit. Instead I will stick to patience is a virtue and purchase this handgun when Glock catches up with the demand.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :):......Seen it.....these dudes think they got'a only 1 out'ere......and they ain't gonna be no more,LMAO!....:):

See the ad here in class'fieds while back?.....2, consecutive #'s......1,050 bux, I think it was.....:rolleyes:......:):

Was on A/L , too.......:):

I mean.....whut's MSRP on these things.....399-429 bux?.......:dunno:

:):

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    They are selling well above msrp. Glock will catch up with the demand. Ammo was the same way a couple months back, now its close to where it was in years past. I tend to flag them once in awhile just to provide some karma.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As long as idiots pay it they will keep sellin them at those prices. Same with the panic last year. Some People still think their AR-15 that I can build new for 600 is worth 900 and up. Funny

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It's a combination thing with the G42 right now: Stores rarely have them or are running lists. Combine that with people asking "whut's yer bottum daller?", sure $450 is reasonable. With the flood of folks coming to forums, I could have a NIB Glock for $1 and I would have hillbillies offering me .50 cents for it.

Can't blame them. Now, it's the people that have ads like "I have TWO G42s, NIB, $1200 for both" that really grinds my gears. I want a G42, but can't get one b/c that hilljack bought the ones the store had and is trying to get a buck off them. Cornering the market, sure, capitalism, okay. But that's avarice! :D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    He says he doesn't want your lawn mower or Xbox, so offer him a tennis racket and a baseball bat.

I had a RIA 1911 for sale once and a guy offered me a non-functioning 3-cylinder engine from a Ford Fiesta, think it was an early 90s model.

And people wonder why they get no response to their offer on an ad...

Looking back on it, a rebuild kit and I would have had the core for a heck of a go-cart...

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    kind of like the gouger selling the one of a kind tactical mini 14 for 1200...what a joke...that gun is available at buds in three configurations including the one he has for new price 731...he says his is new..its just stupid and annoying...i guess tru glo red dots from walmart add 500 to the value of your weapon,....just silly,....but there is always some dummy out there to pay more instead of being patient...just like the douchers buying up the 22 ammo and the panicky people who buy it from them...

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Saw this ad on Armslist for a Glock 42:

As stated. Never fired.

Love the gun. Looking to see what's out there. Open to reasonable offers. No 450 isn't reasonable. Hard to find. I have one. Also may be interested in other trades. Only firearms. No I don't want your lawn mower or xbox.

I know who's gun this is... he's a coworker of mine.

The XBox thing is because another coworker offered him that as trade. :):

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    kind of like the gouger selling the one of a kind tactical mini 14 for 1200...what a joke...that gun is available at buds in three configurations including the one he has for new price 731...he says his is new..its just stupid and annoying...i guess tru glo red dots from walmart add 500 to the value of your weapon,....just silly,....but there is always some dummy out there to pay more instead of being patient...just like the douchers buying up the 22 ammo and the panicky people who buy it from them...

Just saw that. Does it come with lube? :abused:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I so want to chime in on his defense and explain why he posted it... but it's more fun to watch you guys arm chair the legalities and whine about supply and demand in action. :):

Top Bottom