• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rellik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I was wondering are there any makers of stainless aks? I have looked a little but I cant come up with nothing.

Rellik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    It would be so cool if some company made an all stainless ak...I'd be all over it :(

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    gold-ak-006.jpg

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I bought some from classic arms when they were offering the hard chrome ak's. They are truly ghetto fabulous and the price was right. they were going for $499 in dec of 2011.

Rellik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Eh I guess the one in the pic is chromed huh. I wonder why nobody has ever made an ak using stainless? Seems to be that it would be the perfect gun for zombies or economy collapse or whatever you could imagine.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Eh I guess the one in the pic is chromed huh. I wonder why nobody has ever made an ak using stainless? Seems to be that it would be the perfect gun for zombies or economy collapse or whatever you could imagine.

How so? Stainless can still rust, resists very durable forms of protective coatings (like parkerizing), can't be chromed (in cases of barrels, which not only resists corrosion, but makes clean up very easy and extends the barrel life) and in some cases, isn't as durable as carbon steel.

I think the Soviets only made certain PARTS from stainless rather than the whole gun for a reason.

Top Bottom