Are there any 3 gun competitions close to central Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Please tell us where? Because if they are going to host 3-gun, maybe, just maybe they will have some pistol action shooting too.

I just moved to Bloomington and am suffering with the "blues" due to not having places to shoot!

This range already hosts pistol matches. We are just working out the details and should be able to announce specifics this week.

I drive 2-3 hours each way for a good club match. I'll drive 5-6 hours for a good Multi day match.

hopefully someday every gun club out there will offer a monthly 3-gun match.

good luck!

Yeah, I get it! We are actually kind of spoiled around here, only having to drive 2 hours or less to shoot 3 gun at 3 separate ranges. When I was in Vegas it was nothing to hop in the car and drive 4-6 hours for a club match. And lets not even talk about what we go through for major matches!

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Please tell us where? Because if they are going to host 3-gun, maybe, just maybe they will have some pistol action shooting too.

I just moved to Bloomington and am suffering with the "blues" due to not having places to shoot!

There is a range just outside bloomington. Sycamore valley gun club. They are supposed to be rebuilding their 1000 m lanes. Lots of everything else. Lesss than 30 min from North high school.

dont even get me started on driving to Martinsville. I do it every day school is in session from Avon.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Ok, I can give a few more details now. Next year, Indiana Multigun will be adding South Central Gun Club to the mix! This brings INMG up to 5 ranges! We are still working out details regarding dates and how many matches total in the series next year, but I think many people will appreciate a match closer to the southern half of the state.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ok, I can give a few more details now. Next year, Indiana Multigun will be adding South Central Gun Club to the mix! This brings INMG up to 5 ranges! We are still working out details regarding dates and how many matches total in the series next year, but I think many people will appreciate a match closer to the southern half of the state.

Cool, just over an hour from me. I probably won't do multi-gun, but pistol events I will try. And if there are any other action type shoots, I will try them. I'm not ready to step up to multigun yet. Financially or mentally.:)

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Cool, just over an hour from me. I probably won't do multi-gun, but pistol events I will try. And if there are any other action type shoots, I will try them. I'm not ready to step up to multigun yet. Financially or mentally.:)
    If you change your mind, there are plenty of us willing to loan gear out! It is quite addictive though!

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma

Is that a new 3-Gun club match or just a new one that you are adding to the Indiana multi gun stuff?

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood

Wow that is awesome. That puts two ranges at roughly an hour from those in Central Indy. Now time to start practicing, as next year may be the year to take the plunge!

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Wow that is awesome. That puts two ranges at roughly an hour from those in Central Indy. Now time to start practicing, as next year may be the year to take the plunge!
    No excuses now! And there is a slight chance that number may increase to 3 before the season starts!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There is a range just outside bloomington. Sycamore valley gun club. They are supposed to be rebuilding their 1000 m lanes. Lots of everything else. Lesss than 30 min from North high school.

dont even get me started on driving to Martinsville. I do it every day school is in session from Avon.

Good luck getting sycamore valley to do anything run and gun.

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Gregkl, I Live just west of Bloomington and it takes me about 50 minutes to get to the Riley range.
    its a good range, lots of activity, great group running the events.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Gregkl, I Live just west of Bloomington and it takes me about 50 minutes to get to the Riley range.
    its a good range, lots of activity, great group running the events.

Right now I live in between Bloomington and Ellettsville. Not sure where I will end up buying a house but it sounds like Riley may become my new shooting place if the people are cool! An hour is not a big deal. Thanks.

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    Sean if you need any help with anything for this event let me know, Brent has my contact information as well

Top Bottom