• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    As much as the anti gunners bemoan the NRA money that is not the true power. It is the shear number of gun owners who are NRA members who Vote!

Lobbyist meeting with some junior Congress critter:

Cong: What can you do for me?

NRA: We can give you a good NRA rating which means ###,### voters pulling your lever IF you support the 2A.

Cong: Great, you have my support.

NRA: Good, oh by the way here is a $1,000 check.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I don't trust anyone who hasn't earned it, certainly no organization made up of people I don't know.

That does not mean I won't support an organization that I agree with mostly. Millions of members paying attention to the political climate; getting magazines that point out the important issues every month, will get a politico's attention. Why do you think the Dimocrats hate the NRA so much and want to see it gone?

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member, ISRPA Life member. I vote, write letters make my thoughts known. Can I change an organization? Not much, but they certainly won't listen to me if I am uninvolved.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Not seeing the bashing.

I you guys want to stir some crap up find another thread OK or at least contribute.......:)
    Here's a case I read on Newsmax today that the NRA is backing:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's a case I read on Newsmax today that the NRA is backing:
    And this is a contribution...:)

Reactions: wcd

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Do you enjoy the losing gun rights t
    Just go do something to protect our rights and stop with the NRA bashing.
    Honestly I do not feel the need to protect your rights! it is far from my role. As a society of the American Person that responsibility falls squarely on YOUR shoulders. Many are quick to forget that Rights come with Responsibilities.

As a matter of fact I am doing something to protect My Rights. I am very active locally with regards to protecting not only my 2A rights but lobbying for the protection of Human Life in the unborn.

Tell me since you appear to be on the High And Mighty Horse surely you must have done something to protect your rights? Hopefully that includes more than bashing other peoples statements.

While we are at it how often do you meet with your state senator to stay address issues that are important to you? Was it maybe like six times last year, and three times in 2021.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    You gotta lotta catching up to do OP. You should be well informed, before you start to bash, especially in these critical times.

Fine to promote all the small outfits, but there is only one true Second Amendment gun lobby organization.

Better read up...

No not really

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As a matter of fact I am doing something to protect My Rights. I am very active locally with regards to protecting not only my 2A rights but lobbying for the protection of Human Life in the unborn.

Tell me since you appear to be on the High And Mighty Horse surely you must have done something to protect your rights? Hopefully that includes more than bashing other peoples statements.

While we are at it how often do you meet with your state senator to stay address issues that are important to you? Was it maybe like six times last year, and three times in 2021.
    Bet it was not.....:dunno:

Reactions: wcd

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Unfortunately no, only the articles out of Tenn. What's the drawback?
    Well here is an interesting approach you took! ( asking for more information versus posting a one line rant.

There are several issues with the bill, it is far from Constitutional carry bill and while it does kick it down the road a bit incrementally expanding the rights of those Tennessee. One of the big thing is there are limitations where you would be able to carry with out a permit, ie in public park for instance. On what level does this make sense? Why should perhaps a young woman out jogging in a remote park be denied the ability to protect her self while out using trails?

With a Republican control of all three branches of government as a state we should be able to do far better than the proposed legislation.

Thanks for participating in a civil exchange of information.

If you like I can send you a copy of the bill honestly it has several glaring short comings.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Bet it was not.....:dunno:
    Maybe I am the outlier but in MY OPINION not saying its the only way, and people can feel free to disagree with it but, for me I think real change has to be built on a local foundation and built upon from there. Understanding for some their day is fine as long as they can go to Old Navy etc, and they are quite happy not taking part in local issues.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ah, the old attack the messenger, not the message. The OP was interpreted to be bashing the NRA, if that was not the intention then I apologize, if it was I stand by my comments.

I am tired of all those duped into destroying our own defenses because they don't pass a purity test. There is likely no multimillion dollar entity that doesn't have some corruption. But the enemies of gun freedom have used their media allies to poison the well that supporters drink from.

You are right that local is the foundation but we now must fight the attic fire or everything will go up in flames.

Top Bottom