• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    at Tractor Supply Company. just curious if anyone else noticed this after the post keith made. i didn't get asked to sign the book but i guess its happening to folks buying chickens. they want to know how many chickens you bought, your name and address. why would they need to know that info when you buy baby chicks. here is the post. you can disregard the first part of his story but the end makes me go hummmm? along with some of the other posts where others had to sign it also.

BackYardChickens Forum / WTH is wrong with TSC? Chick purchasing nightmare.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Leave false info like the guy in the link did.. If they start requiring ID's for chick, well that's something.

Maybe they just don't want voodoo priests using chick for ceremonies. i dunno.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    ohhh i definitely agree with leaving false info and like i said i watched some people buy some buy chicks and they weren't required to do that but i mean there is absolutely no reason to have to leave your info unless they want to know who is growing and raising their own food.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Okay, the OP in that thread states the cashier informed her it was a state mandate, and per her screen name on that Board she is in Texas.

Anyone have this happen in INDIANA before we loot and burn TSC?

And now after reading through the thread, I can pick up exactly why TSC has resorted to doing things this way. Children handling poultry and injuring or killing them. People bringing in diseases from home pets and making store stock sick. People trying to exchange dead chicks and ducklings with no proof. No wonder they make changes. They aren't trying to trace your prep purchases, TSC is trying to protect their bottom line, which as a business is earning a profit.

Last edited:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    NAME............ ADDRESS
    Kaiser Sozay..... 350 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10118

Just one of the usual suspects

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Maybe they just don't want voodoo priests using chick for ceremonies. i dunno.

That's complete discriminatory BS on TSC's part ! Sometimes you NEED a professionals touch !

Hell man most chicks aren't down for pissin on your face while your chockin your chicken . WTF is this world coming to ?:dunno:

Time for an OC event at TSC !!!!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I think they are trying to control the chick market. Many of us have become addicted to chicks and this way they can track down chick addicts. I'm getting tired of going from TSC to TSC to get my supply of chicks just to satisfy my addiction.

Shhh.... I think the chick police are at my door now. :D

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    What if the chicks have GUNS!!!
    354725_Chicks-with-guns_620.jpg

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I just bought some today in Ellettsville. They didn't ask me to sign anything. I would have told them to FO if they did.

LAZY DOG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    dead chicks at tsc

i was at my local tsc the other day , looking at the chicks they had and one of the workers ther was removing two chicks that some one had set the water bottle on top of them. i thought this rediculous that they couldnt tell there was chicks under the water tank .they mite as well let the children play with them if they are going to hire mindless employees . ps next time you are at tsc look to see what you can find made in usa.:patriot:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    i was at my local tsc the other day , looking at the chicks they had and one of the workers ther was removing two chicks that some one had set the water bottle on top of them. i thought this rediculous that they couldnt tell there was chicks under the water tank .they mite as well let the children play with them if they are going to hire mindless employees . ps next time you are at tsc look to see what you can find made in usa.:patriot:

I work for their company, and sadly I've noticed alot of stuff is made overseas. But I have found a good amount of their pet food, made here in the US. Trust me I hate unloading the container trucks that come in with stuff on the floor stacked wall to wall and to the ceiling. You gotta unload them by hand, it sucks. And that stuff is always from China. :(

I've never heard of them asking for info when buying chicks or anything though. That just don't sound right, esp here in IN.

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I bet it has more to do with cock fighting rings and less to do with preps.

Especially in Texas, cock fights are the stereotypical Mexican "sport" in my book and there a couple of Mexicans over there in Texas last time i heard

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Especially in Texas, cock fights are the stereotypical Mexican "sport" in my book and there a couple of Mexicans over there in Texas last time i heard

Not necessarily. Back home (Oklahoma) when they finally made it illegal to hold cock fights, they started paying the Native American's to host the fights on tribal land. "White" guys, not "Mexicans"

Top Bottom