• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    these are the times that try mens souls.

its also the times that try men's loyalty.
    take that as you like. if your loyalty is being tested then its in my advice you look at where your loyalties lie.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    21St Century Arms in Bluffton is as Customer Friendly as always. I stopped Saturday and was asked 3 times if they could help me, while they were busy. This is while their lunch was getting colder. Yes I'll be back! :patriot:

slategrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Prices are so inflated it does hurt the experiance but it is bad for the workers of the lgs they are busting butt for same pay customers are pissed bad to deal with blaming this on workers

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    The simple fact that you've spent money there doesn't make you stand out in the crowd. If they are much of a store, they probably have customers who have spent many times more than you have. When I go into a gun store, I make a point of speaking to one employee or another. That street can run both ways, ya' know.

Now, if the store is empty and you can't get so much as a greeting even as a first time visitor, I'd contact the owner and let him know about it. Unless he's a complete jerk, he'd want to know his employees are ignoring potential customers.

If they're as busy as some have been lately, I don't expect anybody to roll out the red carpet. I've been in one LGS several times lately which was so busy the employees were being run ragged and probably would have welcomed the chance to talk to only one person at a time. Multi-tasking has been taken to a whole new level in gun shops recently.

Now, I'm curious as to whether or not you (OP) feel better for non-specific whining about it on a forum.

:):.......NOPE!......LOL!.......

It's the same with car lots.....and......BIKE dealers ,tooo,hahahaha!......ALL of'em.....
    :):......wether 1000 bux......or 10'000 bux.......you just a 'nuther notch on'a cash register.......:twocents:

(they ain't in biznezz ta do ya no favors......PERIOD....:):.....)

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I travel throughout the state of Indiana weekly and thus get lots of opportunities to "pop in" at the local gun shop. I must say that what I've noticed is a decrease in customer service that is somewhat justified given the current situation. There is no question that I've felt like a "number" when going into certain shops which I will not name. However, at a shop on Monday I did ask a clerk for a part for an AR and I barely got the words out before he said NO they didn't have it and almost as quickly moved on to a waiting customer. He didn't even bother to ask me a follow up question or if there was anything else he could do for me. It was SLAM BAM THANK YOU MAAM'. I am in sales for living and am extremely loyal as a customer. There are some places I will never show my face again. On a side note, it's pathetic some of the conversations I've heard in gun shops from some of the dumbest, downtrodden people you will meet that are in shops buying a gun "while they still can". Some of these guys wouldn't be allowed to clean my gutters. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I do feel as though this craziness has guided some sketchy characters into the market.

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    i have felt the same way about a couple LGS. Now though I have found a good one. While not huge they have a decent selection and seem to enjoy talking about shooting and they really do appreciate your business. Terre Haute Guns has earned the rest of my business as long as they can get what I want. Talked to them today and purchased a couple pieces of Magpul. He said I was the second person in two days to ask him about INGO so hopefully he will be on here soon.
    Luckily they are also one of the closest gun shops to me but if I were you I'd move to the next one. I'd travel a little farther for good service.

Bought an XDS from them a couple of months ago. Very good price and very willing to talk to you.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Buy local were the words out of everyone's mouth here. Where is the loyalty at now? Highest bidder wins!! WTF, when loyalty is flipped the other way, we get screwed!

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    One other thing...my experience with gun shops is if you have a positive experience with the person that helped you ALWAYS ask for them when you return. Don't work with anyone else and if possible get their cell so you can text them to let them know you're coming in and if they'll be there. I really belive that building a relationship with the people you buy from is important. I don't want a Wal-Mart experience.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    I could understand if they were swamped but Midwest was uncommonly calm and without many customers. Some of the employees were just standing around. The worst part is the employee that I have bought every one of my guns from was standing right there and even looked over at me with no idea who I was. I mean c'mon now. In the last year I have bought a Kimber 1911, Springfield M1A, S&W 1911, M&P 15-22, Ruger Blackhawk and a M&P 9c all from him and he doesn't even know me?

Yes I do!! :)

I was just ranting about this same deal yesterday to a buddy. I'm a young guy, 26, but I have spent more then $10k(not an exaggeration) in firearms alone this year from the same store (add all of the ammo/acc/etc). I try to buy from the same person every time and it seems like I am rather forgettable. Now, I am talking about Cabelas here, not a LGS so I probably don't deserve any sympathy. I can tell you, my purchases in 2013 will be going to Blythes (never been there before). I'll give them a chance. I know what all of my "regular" exporters in my business look like and they are middle eastern, african, and latino's. We barely can understand each other 50% of the time. I don't think there is any excuse to be ignored or not even just a "hey, whats going on?" from a "regular" sales guy. We remember their faces/names.

I dunno, maybe we aren't any more "special" than the randoms panic browsing but we are just more sensitive...
    :dunno:

Big D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Hancock County
    I lost respect for my LGS when I found out they were buying up all the ammo at walmart every shipment and selling it for double or triple the price. I had two different walmart employees tell me this.

Beech Grove Firearms - I went in there last week to buy a M&P 15-22 and had fantastic customer service and was treated with respect from the second I walked in. I will definitely do business with them again in the future.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I was just ranting about this same deal yesterday to a buddy. I'm a young guy, 26, but I have spent more then $10k(not an exaggeration) in firearms alone this year from the same store (add all of the ammo/acc/etc). I try to buy from the same person every time and it seems like I am rather forgettable. Now, I am talking about Cabelas here, not a LGS so I probably don't deserve any sympathy. I can tell you, my purchases in 2013 will be going to Blythes (never been there before). I'll give them a chance. I know what all of my "regular" exporters in my business look like and they are middle eastern, african, and latino's. We barely can understand each other 50% of the time. I don't think there is any excuse to be ignored or not even just a "hey, whats going on?" from a "regular" sales guy. We remember their faces/names.

I dunno, maybe we aren't any more "special" than the randoms panic browsing but we are just more sensitive...
    :dunno:

No question we are more sensitive, but it's understandable.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I hate what the AW scare has done to the LGS. Gone are the days of courteous and friendly service. Gone are the days of sharing the same passion in our hobby. Gone are the days of respecting or even remembering loyal customers. and on and on. :(

I would think that having spent $3700 in my last 3 gun purchases in less than 3 months would at least be worth a friendly nod or "hey there". Instead I stand for over an hour in an almost empty store wanting to be waited on while the clerks ****-chat at the checkout counter. While I stared at the S&W revolver I had came to purchase I finally figured it was not to be and walked out. I guess there just isn't any desire or need to help a loyal customer of over 4 years with $1000 in his wallet to spend.

Someday this frenzy will end and the long lines of panicking buyers will fade away. Hopefull someday a loyal customer/business relationship will mean something again. This is 2 times in a row that this has happened there and will be the last time. I just hope I can find another GS that wants my cash.

I wanted to post my concern on their facebook page but figured they would just delete it to avoid any negative impression.

Wow, I have never had that happen, I guess im lucky to have two very good lgs's

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I was disappointed with my last visit to my LGS a couple of days after Christmas. Had cash in pocket, and was interested in ordering a certain S&W 9mm pistol. I made small talk about them being really low on stock, was told they had sold 150 handguns the week before and that they've been busy. OK, cool - folks exercising their Second Amendment rights, that's great! They looked up what I was interested in, found it was on back order with no date. OK, I understand, that's fine. Guy walks away. So, I start looking at the other handguns under glass, but three employees at my end of the store were all doing their thing (unpacking ordered Glocks, looking through a binder, sitting at a PC). At the time employees outnumbered customers in the store - it was early on a weekday.

After about 5-10 minutes of being ignored, I left. I'm not a regular by any means, and don't expect stores to throw a party when I walk in, but c'mon, pay attention to me if I'm obviously looking at what you have in stock and am a buyer? I guess since they sold 150 guns the week before they didn't need my money.

Went home to stew, ate some lunch, then drove the 15 minutes up to another GS in the next town, and bought a new SIG there after the owner there took the time to show me 5 or 6 different handguns, ask me what I was looking for (carry or home, etc), so on and so forth. And, he was pretty darn busy and juggling customers.

Like I mentioned, disappointed (but not really mad) since I live in town and they ARE my LGS. I'm sure I'll give them another chance, but if a customer is in the store, you really ought to talk to them - no matter how good of a week your last week was.

Last edited:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I hate what the AW scare has done to the LGS. Gone are the days of courteous and friendly service. Gone are the days of sharing the same passion in our hobby. Gone are the days of respecting or even remembering loyal customers. and on and on. :(

I would think that having spent $3700 in my last 3 gun purchases in less than 3 months would at least be worth a friendly nod or "hey there". Instead I stand for over an hour in an almost empty store wanting to be waited on while the clerks ****-chat at the checkout counter. While I stared at the S&W revolver I had came to purchase I finally figured it was not to be and walked out. I guess there just isn't any desire or need to help a loyal customer of over 4 years with $1000 in his wallet to spend.

Someday this frenzy will end and the long lines of panicking buyers will fade away. Hopefull someday a loyal customer/business relationship will mean something again. This is 2 times in a row that this has happened there and will be the last time. I just hope I can find another GS that wants my cash.

I wanted to post my concern on their facebook page but figured they would just delete it to avoid any negative impression.

You drove all the way to Beech Grove Firearms to be treated like that? Hell, I get the same and only have to drive about 3 miles :):

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I could understand if they were swamped but Midwest was uncommonly calm and without many customers. Some of the employees were just standing around. The worst part is the employee that I have bought every one of my guns from was standing right there and even looked over at me with no idea who I was. I mean c'mon now. In the last year I have bought a Kimber 1911, Springfield M1A, S&W 1911, M&P 15-22, Ruger Blackhawk and a M&P 9c all from him and he doesn't even know me?

I've bought 2 maybe 3 guns from ZX at the 1500 and somehow he remembers me, i'd buy more from him but sometimes there's just nothing I need. Try ZX.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    +1 on Bradis. I cannot remember a bad experience there. I was in this weekend and while the shop is pretty shopped out, they still had a couple of nice guns and were asking the same now as they were last month for them. Most of what I've bought came through Bradis.

The Outdoorsman in Greenwood has a decent selection in the cabinet, but if you check the prices, you'll see why. To their credit, they have not jacked the prices, but have always been high. Still, I've bought several guns there because I like to support our LGS's by spreading the business around a bit. Sooner or later, the panic buying will hit enough of a fever pitch to cause even their cabinets to get cleaned out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If the scene was as you describe I would have had some un-pleasant words for the A$$ hats behind the counter. Sounds like they give a crap for loyalty.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    "we get screwed"

Been around for a while and the #1 observation I'd like to share is that the world is full of people who are always getting screwed and are determined to keep it that way! :rolleyes:!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not defending crazy prices, only making the point that the LGS is also being held hostage too.

I'm sure their prices for replenishing their stock are crazy too.

And even the stock that was on the shelves before the craziness began has to be replenished too, so their prices have to reflect the reality of what it costs them to replace it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom