Are we supposed to be hoarding 5.56 ammo now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Must be nice to be able to horde one thing after the other... I don't have that much disposable income.

When I DO have some money the family wants to go on vacation, or the furnace goes out, or someones car breaks down... Its called LIFE.

This leads me to believe that either INGO is a kabal of doctors and lawyers, or you fools are putting all this crap on credit cards and racking up debt.

That's rather judgmental. I buy what I want and use it, unless another member on INGO is in need and I share. I continue to gather as much powder, primers and bullets as I can can. I have about 3,000 rounds of .22 and that's enough for me. If I need more, I know where to go. No credit card needed.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    That's rather judgmental. I buy what I want and use it, unless another member on INGO is in need and I share. I continue to gather as much powder, primers and bullets as I can can. I have about 3,000 rounds of .22 and that's enough for me. If I need more, I know where to go. No credit card needed.

Are you saying that this is a capitalist society where some make more than others, and one can choose what they want to purchase with their own money? I'm pretty sure I learned the opposite on INGO :):

saynation

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2014
    South Bend, IN
    From what I've seen working the counter at Midwest things have already headed that way. I field about 10-15 phone calls a day there. An increasing amount of them have been asking about 5.56 ammo.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just built my first AR and now this. I guess I'll go ahead and purchase a few thousand rounds. I'm still not interested in reloading the round, but that may change.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Waffles.

buffalo-burger-with-waffle-bun4__no-sugarless-gum.jpg

Two questions.

What's that green crap?

Where's the bacon?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My wife was in our local Walmart a few days ago and she told me they had 22 boxes of ZQI there. I told her to pick me up 4 boxes. All I've ever shot was 855 while in the service and was the first thing I picked up after I assembled my AR. I figure every week or so if I can get a box or 2 for 9.97ea then I'll slowly build up enough till I can get in a class on reloading it.

I don't always take my AR out to the range since I've had years of range time while I was in. It is nice to be able to pick her up and reminisce about those years and then go out to a range and keep my skill up.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Anyone that thinks they will stop here if they get "green tips" banned is just in denial. They want all weapons and all ammo. They will not stop here. Good luck and carry on.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    This buying up everything in sight is getting old. We as a gun community should be smarter than the masses, most of the gun owners are buying for one reason, to screw someone down the line. Charging 2-3 times what you paid for this stuff isn't capitalism per se, it is more greed. We need to stop it now. I am not talking to anyone in particular and yes I know what capitalism is, but I think that this is truly a matter of greed.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    This buying up everything in sight is getting old. We as a gun community should be smarter than the masses, most of the gun owners are buying for one reason, to screw someone down the line. Charging 2-3 times what you paid for this stuff isn't capitalism per se, it is more greed. We need to stop it now. I am not talking to anyone in particular and yes I know what capitalism is, but I think that this is truly a matter of greed.

I agree 100% with a small addition. Besides greed, I think people are buying out of ignorance. I had a person ask for 5,000 of .223 ammo the other day. Really? It's like the .22 buy up all over again. I just want to know why people are so ignorant in thinking buying up all the ammo is going to stop the problem??? Here's an idea, rather than buying all the ammo...why dont you write your congressman and ask him to repeal the ban? Send in 5,000 letters from the same person instead of buying 5,000 rounds of ammo. Bottom line, AR ammo isnt going anywhere, unless gunowners buy it up themselves. It's getting ridiculous. For as big of 2A supporters as must claim to be, an awful lot of them scare quick. Take a stand; Contact your officials, and QUIT panic buying.

End Rant.

weedsnager

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2013
    Winfield, In
    They were running up the stairs at cabelas this morning when it opened today like it was the last day ammo would ever be sold....Thursday when their 300 rounds of 223 in an ammo can for $99 started, their were guys filling shopping carts with it...now they have a limit to 5 boxes of 223/5.56

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Ammo hoarding is the new stock market. BUY BUY BUY! SELL! SHOOT! I just hope I get to knock somebody down at Walmart to get the last box of something so I can turn around and sell it higher! :rockwoot:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I don't even care anymore. If you don't have enough foresight to buy when it's cheap and available, just know you're going to be dealing with panic prices and availability at some point.

Side note, remember the 9mm craze? It's awful cheap right now....

Top Bottom