• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    A couple of years ago I said America was becoming a totalitarian state. I got a lot of push back. I did not say we were totalitarian, I said we were 'becoming'. One way of defining totalitarian is that it is a state that totally controls the masses of people all the time. I think a better definition is that it is a state that does not permit opposition. Does anyone dispute with me that opposition is now officially suppressed?
    While opposition exists, it is essentially shut out of the main-stream media, not so much by the government (as far as we know), but by the media gate keepers. I think this meets the definition of totalitarian. Maybe we are not there yet, but we are still becoming totalitarian and we are a lot closer than we were.
    Are you still going to tell me I'm nuts for saying such a thing?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A couple of years ago I said America was becoming a totalitarian state. I got a lot of push back. I did not say we were totalitarian, I said we were 'becoming'. One way of defining totalitarian is that it is a state that totally controls the masses of people all the time. I think a better definition is that it is a state that does not permit opposition. Does anyone dispute with me that opposition is now officially suppressed?
    While opposition exists, it is essentially shut out of the main-stream media, not so much by the government (as far as we know), but by the media gate keepers. I think this meets the definition of totalitarian. Maybe we are not there yet, but we are still becoming totalitarian and we are a lot closer than we were.
    Are you still going to tell me I'm nuts for saying such a thing?
    What are you talking about? "Opposition" is all over - Facebook, Gateway Pundit, Fox News, all the links posted in the COVID threads here, all the web sites, forums, blogs, Twitter, You Tube, Rumble, etc., etc.

You're literally saying there's a totalitarian govt. on a public forum and no is going to stop you. In fact, they will openly and freely agree. How is that totalitarian?

People actually stormed the hall of power on Jan 6 and are merely getting a slap on the wrist. How is that totalitarian?

The guy that lost the election is still the kingmaker. (look at GA's governor election for proof)

People need to travel overseas more.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    What are you talking about? "Opposition" is all over - Facebook, Gateway Pundit, Fox News, all the links posted in the COVID threads here, all the web sites, forums, blogs, Twitter, You Tube, Rumble, etc., etc.

You're literally saying there's a totalitarian govt. on a public forum and no is going to stop you. In fact, they will openly and freely agree. How is that totalitarian?

People actually stormed the hall of power on Jan 6 and are merely getting a slap on the wrist. How is that totalitarian?

The guy that lost the election is still the kingmaker. (look at GA's governor election for proof)

tenor (2).gif

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Wanna go to Australia?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Given there's at least two major ideologies constantly at battle in the culture and political wars and neither side is being jailed or killed for their ideologies or activities, of course not.

I wonder who benefits from spreading that message repeatedly, though. Maybe you'll welcome China as a liberator?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Probably will be before too long. The way the supply chain is looking, and their crackdown on plague restrictions keeping factories and such at very low volume... Many can't even get supplies of plastics, or metals to make when they need even if they had the manpower...
    It's looking like once everything runs out, we're in for it.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Probably will be before too long. The way the supply chain is looking, and their crackdown on plague restrictions keeping factories and such at very low volume... Many can't even get supplies of plastics, or metals to make when they need even if they had the manpower...
    It's looking like once everything runs out, we're in for it.

But the US will still be better than anywhere else in the world, right?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don’t think we are, but a lot will be determined in the next couple of years. SCOTUS is potentially deciding to overturn Roe v. Wade. Regardless of your opinion on abortion, the government telling people what they can do with their bodies is significant. The future of Biden’s vaccine mandates is another one to watch regarding autonomy of our own bodies. Currently you can still post, think, or say whatever you want and the government can’t do anything about it. That’s not totalitarianism. Nobody is being out in camps. In fact, if you look at how the police are being handcuffed (ha!) in major cities, an argument could be made that we are moving further from totalitarianism in some regards. It’s becoming a free-for-all with limited government intervention. As far as “opposition,” that’s probably the biggest problem in our country right now, so I’m not sure why someone would say opposing views aren’t allowed. This country is becoming extremely polarized.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I don’t think we are, but a lot will be determined in the next couple of years. SCOTUS is potentially deciding to overturn Roe v. Wade. Regardless of your opinion on abortion, the government telling people what they can do with their bodies is significant.

Repeal would only move the decision to the states.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Nothing is more totalitarian than a state that would allow you to be summarily executed in vitro.
    I’m not willing to have an abortion debate, but it’s an issue that gets a lot of discussion in our country. I would guess the country is fairly well split on the topic. What you seem to be saying is that government intrusion is okay if it’s on your side of the debate. What happens when it goes against you? One person’s common sense is another person’s overreach.

For the record, I’m unwilling to debate abortion because I don’t have a strong opinion either way.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I’m not willing to have an abortion debate, but it’s an issue that gets a lot of discussion in our country. I would guess the country is fairly well split on the topic. What you seem to be saying is that government intrusion is okay if it’s on your side of the debate. What happens when it goes against you? One person’s common sense is another person’s overreach.

As a Christian, it's not my place to debate or construct an opinion on the matter. I'm just agreeing with the God that gave the life in the first place.

Top Bottom