• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Post in this thread what you are doing to follow CDC guidelines as well as instruction from the President and our state and local authorities.

Thread not intended to be a debate about if these measures are necessary or not. Just tell everyone what you ARE doing.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm a compulsive hand washer anyhow, but have upped my game to what might actually be a psychological disorder and my lifestyle in general is to be a shut in as much as possible... and I've even doubled down on that.

Work, home, eat my own food that I cook, go to the store once a week, gas station every 2 weeks. That's it. I'm the ideal quarantine candidate.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    To start this is what I’ve done:
    -I am working from home as much as possible. My job is essential to public welfare. May not be able to work at home all the time but will do it as much as possible.
    -Eliminated unnecessary trips to town.
    -cancelled plans with friend groups
    -stayed home from church and extraneous meetings
    -Hand washing often, even more than normal
    -Mentally preparing for limited ability to replenish supplies should the situation arise.

I have no reason to believe I have it, just making sure I don’t get it and try not to spread anything.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Complying with my gym closure, unfortunately.

Social distancing. Introvert, so thats cool with me.

Hand washing more frequently. Alcohol swab my phone.

Clark & Addison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Gibson County
    Being a teacher I am now working from home too. We canceled our spring break vacation for next week. Trying to avoid shopping as much as possible. Other than that most other decisions have been made for us (church cancelled, meetings cancelled, restaurants closed, etc.). Unfortunately wife's job is on the front line against the disease, so our families greatest exposure will be through her.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Well, I work in healthcare (not a caregiver) so I need to show up and keep vital equipment running. I am following the PPE guidelines. When I get home I leave my shoes outside and clean my phone with disinfectant. I am staying away from my elderly parents and grandchildren. Taking my temperature twice a day as a self monitoring step. Handwashing is a constant thing.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Home. Work.

I work in relative isolation, so that makes it easy.

Started a local support group, continue to provide news and such through a town FB page that I admin.

Keep on keepin' on.

Wife stays home already, and the kids are homeschooled.

Come to think of it, not a whole lot personally changed. Yet.

Definitely a different story than the last financial crisis. We lost almost everything. My retirement will take a hit, but I've got a ways to go to build it back up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    A doctor made a statement years ago when asked how he stays healthy. He said I drink a lot of water and wash my hands 100 times a day. I took up that mantle and have followed that for quite some time, so really no difference in the hand washing routine.

However, I am keeping my distance and not touching people. No hand shakes, hugs, etc. We have been asked to work from home on Monday's and Wednesdays. We go into the office on Tuesday and Thursdays. Other folks work the opposite schedule so we reduce the total number of people in our building. We are being asked to take a vacation day for the next two Fridays. I could whine about being forced to burn days but then I think of so many people that are losing all of their income right now. So I'm cool with giving up a couple days.

I don't go to co-workers desk/cube like I normally do. I now e-mail, text or call them. I am in my third week of doing this. We have also been asked to disinfect our desks upon arrival and departure each day we are in the office.

I'm doing a major home reno, so when I'm not at work, I'm home anyway. Most weekends I never leave my house so not much has changed as far as that.

Folks, do your part. This is not about you. I don't want to be the one that visits my 92 year old mom in assisted living and I pass the virus to her and it ends up killing half the population in there.

I don't really think any of you want to be that person either.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Yep. Staying home as much as possible. Took a few of my kids out fishing at the Danville Conservation Club yesterday. The little guy caught a nice little bass. I don't think the fish are worried abut the virus. Folks need to remember that you can still go outside.

We're also checking up on some old folks in the neighborhood and elsewhere. After a long day of work from home, I started reading a great book with my sons on the 303rd Bomb Group in WWII by Jay Stout. We got the bug and ordered a 1/48 model of a B-17G and a Messerschmitt 109G, along with paints, brushes, and glue. I haven't built a model airplane like that in years. The boys are excited about it. If we do well with them we'll add a Focke Wulf 190D9 and a P-47D or P-51D.

We'll keep separated as much as possible, but won't stop living. We do have to be reasonably careful, though. My mother in law is high risk, so we don't want to infect her.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I drove as fast as I wanted to the LGS this morning. If there was a cop and he stopped me I would just tell him,"I heard on the internet that COVID-19 tops out at 65mph, so I thought I should do at least 70..."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My life fully complied with social distancing guidelines looooong before this pandemic. :n00b:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hunkered down for the most part. Working from home for the next month. Limited quick trips to the grocery as needed. Stocked up on non-perishables a couple of weeks ago. If I can get caught up on work, I may take a week's vacation to do some yard work. I've got 140 hours of use-or-lose leave already, so not worried about running out of leave time.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Other than not going out to lunch from work it's business as usual. Of course I think people mostly suck so I don't get out amongst them much anyway. Although we have canceled our vacation plans. Again.:xmad:

Top Bottom