• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    Due to the closing of my thread for the sale of my firearms on this site, I`ll just state that the transactions already started, are good to go as far as I`m concerned.

All interested parties have my contact info, so pls. do feel free to contact me still with any interest in the original for sale list posted.

This is primarily a good site, with just a few glitches, allowing for some very immature moderators.

:rockwoot:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Well I have no dog in this fight, but looking at your post, you were asked to follow the rules and you refused. I fail to see where the immaturity factors into it?

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Mods are correct on this one sir, read the rules and follow them and you can sell all you want!

Pretty simple ones too, nothing to get mad about at all.

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    . Please prefix your ad with:
    • WTS: (Want To Sell)
    • WTB: (Want To Buy)
    • WTT: (Want To Trade)
    Or a combination such as WTS/T: (WTS or WTT). Posts that are not properly prefixed will be deleted.

2. Please post an asking price for your item if it is a WTS, or if it is a WTT ad but you will consider selling it outright.

3. No links to auctions or auction style posts unless it is an item you feel is of great interest to other INGO members and it is not your item.

4. Lock your thread once your item sells. DO NOT remove the pricing that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX"

5. Keep comments on ads related to the ad directly.
    • Related comments being: "Can you provide more pictures, How many rounds fire, etc."
    • Non-related comments along the lines of: "You're price is crazy high. What a POS, Etc."
    Closing your thread.

wol_error.gif
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 687x251 and weights 45KB.
    picture10jw1.jpg

Not following the guidelines could result in the editing of your post by the admin, or outright removal of your ad.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Due to the closing of my thread for the sale of my firearms on this site, I`ll just state that the transactions already started, are good to go as far as I`m concerned.

All interested parties have my contact info, so pls. do feel free to contact me still with any interest in the original for sale list posted.

This is primarily a good site, with just a few glitches, allowing for some very immature moderators.

:rockwoot:

Posting a PRICE is an essential part of the potential transaction. For a FTF, a specific area of the state is also a great help in narrowing down a deal.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I think we have found our first banned member!

To the OP, if you can't follow simple instructions, you should go somewhere else to post for sale items for free.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I get the impression he's one of those people who think they can get a better deal if they can get the other person to name a price first.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    i my self do not see the big deal of priceing been discussed in pm's. Some people may have a large lot as that one is and do not wish to go in to detail in the post on what makes that firearm worth 800 insted of the 600 that you would normaly see it for(you know all the extras and whatnot) and posting this price may get your stuff over looked because of the prospective buyer not seeing what all is comeing with it so i can understand not priceing but thats just me.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    One thing it does is keep those less in the know about asking. I'm looking for an AR or two. However, I don't know the specifics of what would make one weapon worth $1500, while another only $800. Then I go And insult someone by offering $800 and they tell me I'm crazy. "Don't you know it has Cool Item #1 and Awesome Item #2?"

Start a little high. If you get no interest, edit the post and lower the prices. Seems pretty easy to me.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    well the extras that have been done to the gun or the lil goodies that come with it. can effect the price as well as finsh, after market parts, etc... i mean its not always the case that product 1 and 2 though the same name modle etc.... are the same but whats with it may not make it worth it to the seller to say sell the 1500 ar for the same price as the striped down 800 ar

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    i my self do not see the big deal of priceing been discussed in pm's. Some people may have a large lot as that one is and do not wish to go in to detail in the post on what makes that firearm worth 800 insted of the 600 that you would normaly see it for(you know all the extras and whatnot) and posting this price may get your stuff over looked because of the prospective buyer not seeing what all is comeing with it so i can understand not priceing but thats just me.

Respectfully Sanzo87, A request was made for forum rules for the classifieds section. View that here. Those rules were put into place, and sticked at the top of each for sale forum. Nobody suggested that listing a price was a bad idea. As such I'm doing exactly what I was tasked with. Enforcing the rules as agreed on by the site administrator.

As a side note, and this is personal opinion, and NOT the opinion of the admin. I think if people would like to auction their firearms that's fine. However they should consider using a service like Gunbroker which is setup to handle such transactions.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some people may have a large lot as that one is and do not wish to go in to detail in the post on what makes that firearm worth 800 insted of the 600 that you would normaly see it for(you know all the extras and whatnot) and posting this price may get your stuff over looked because of the prospective buyer not seeing what all is comeing with it so i can understand not priceing but thats just me.

If they have a large lot, they are talking about a "large lot" of money. They should be willing to invest the time to detail and explain. Otherwise, they are wasting a lot of other people's time for their own laziness. I personally would never respond to an add without a price. I believe it arrogant, showing that you value others time less than yours.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    W9ZEB i understand the rules (i am also not saying that its not lazy not to do it) but i can see why they may not put up prices. I never said anything about auction. (ie your gunbroker comment) i know i may not be makeing you very happy with my oppion on this but i do see the point. As to get the attion of a buyer who say wants to buy a mosberg 500 cruser and a seller has that. as well as, that and like 10 other firearms to not want to say well this had the muzle break night sites pistoal grip and all the goodies that can come with it and every other item to exp the price they have i guess thats just me looking through a sellers eyes if a buyer is intristed they will want to know the price and ask and the seller give the price and a detailed discription what it has with out scaired off by the buyer with a "high price"

P.S. im not saying that the ruels should not be followed either or that prices and pics wont bring more people that are looking and get more replys im just saying that i can see where some may see it as a lil much to put in the post.

Last edited:

Scam1789

Long time Member mostly lurking.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Pittsboro
    As a side note, and this is personal opinion, and NOT the opinion of the admin. I think if people would like to auction their firearms that's fine. However they should consider using a service like Gunbroker which is setup to handle such transactions.

Gotta say I agree. Prices could always be listed high with an OBO stamp. I have purchased a great many things online, not just gun equipment, but I will not touch a post on any site that doesn't have a price listed. The classified section of this website is one of my favorite features, and I really wouldn't trust it if there were no rules in place.

If you have a lot invested in a gun, advertise it as such. Just as pictures help a sale, so does a good description. :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom