Are you Good Enough to take a Travis Haley Adaptive Handgun Course?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    They say I can as-long as I have strong understanding of weapons manipulation and adult supervision; even though I'm 14.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Thats why I am trying to take one of these classes; The ones offered by Haley strategic

There's one coming up soon in Terre Haute. I'm just not sure I'm good enough for it, and it might be a little too 'tactical' for me. They're also doing a carbine class.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Thats why I am trying to take one of these classes; The ones offered by Haley strategic

Come back and let us know if they allow you to train there. I would be interested to hear their stance on it.

There were two 13 or 14 year olds in the last Tactical Response class I attended. Both did well. I believe they were the children of a forum member here. There was a teenager (age unknown to me) associated with the last DTI class I attended as well. I believe he was acting in the capacity of an assistant instructor. Those might be other trainers to pursue if the Haley Strategic course doesn't work out.

Newby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    In a cornfield
    Some Day I would love to go atleast witness one of the Haley classes Kinda like a fly on the wall. I am way too intimidated to ever actually take one of them though

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Some Day I would love to go atleast witness one of the Haley classes Kinda like a fly on the wall. I am way too intimidated to ever actually take one of them though

I think that was the point of the video. You should not be intimidated. Jump in and give it a try. You will be fine and you will learn a lot.

What is it about the class that intimidates you?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

Kinda weird that the video's opening graphic begins with an entire round, still in the casing, travelling downrange.

kxTeo0b.png

</nitpicking>

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Nah don't be. If you're already "good enough" to take the class then you're wasting your money. Would you go take Driver's Ed again because now you've got more experience?

The point in taking a class is to fail and then get better. If I'm not failing in class I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

If you have the money and opportunity, do it. :yesway:

Newby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    In a cornfield
    Idk I am way too much of a Noob (ha ha) for something like that.

Another year or so and I will feel a lot better about enrolling in a class

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Idk I am way too much of a Noob (ha ha) for something like that.

Another year or so and I will feel a lot better about enrolling in a class

The purpose of classes is to speed your learning process. It can take years of self study to learn what a class might teach you in a weekend. I wish I had learned this lesson sooner. It's not about impressing the trainer with what you already know, just come willing to learn and you'll be ready.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    The purpose of classes is to speed your learning process. It can take years of self study to learn what a class might teach you in a weekend. I wish I had learned this lesson sooner. It's not about impressing the trainer with what you already know, just come willing to learn and you'll be ready.

Well said. Very well.

Top Bottom