"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But that happened when Obama was president, according to the rules we are not supposed to bring it up.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Tattoo artist in Brazil catches a kid trying to steal a bike. As a punishment, he tattoos "I am a thief and loser" on the kids forehead (in Portuguese). Of course he filmed and and put it on the internet (Because what's the point of extreme and unusual punishment if no ones knows about it?)

Now the kid is missing and the tattoo artist is facing torture charges.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/...aling-bike-inks-forehead-thief-090103694.html

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    President Trump is helping terrorists by not pushing for gun control.

NYT: Trump 'Helping Terrorists' by Refusing to Talk Gun Control after London Knife Attacks

Two points. The first being that the correction issued by the NYT after publishing this tells you all you need to know about the paper's [STRIKE]plan to intentionally mislead readers[/STRIKE] lack of understanding on the issue.

Correction: June 13, 2017
    An editorial on June 12 about terrorists’ trying to take advantage of more lenient gun control in the United States misstated identification requirements for buying guns online or at gun shows. Private sellers are not required to follow federal mandates on background checks of buyers. Dealers must do so.

Second, how ironic that the Opinion page doesn't allow for comments.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But the terrorists had every right to use trucks, they were properly registered, insured and licensed.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Maybe someone should tell them guns weren't used, they were trucks.
    Ban the car show loophole. No one needs an assault truck or military style vehicle. Universal Background Checks on all vehicular purchases. Drink driving tax on all gas purchases. No mufflers without a tax stamp, why do we need vehicles to be silent? Why do you need a car when we have public transport?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Two points. The first being that the correction issued by the NYT after publishing this tells you all you need to know about the paper's [STRIKE]plan to intentionally mislead readers[/STRIKE] lack of understanding on the issue.

Second, how ironic that the Opinion page doesn't allow for comments.

Only their opinion counts....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The sad thing is that the sign shouldn't even be necessary in the first place.

You'd think some people would have a little more decorum in such a place. However, I think the monument IMO is poorly designed. It shouldn't be so active, so inviting. It's a remembrance of veterans of WW2, the bloodiest war in the history of the planet. It should reflect that in some way. There shouldn't be playful smiles on people's faces visiting, but looks of consideration of what was sacrificed and accomplished...at a very high price.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You'd think some people would have a little more decorum in such a place. However, I think the monument IMO is poorly designed. It shouldn't be so active, so inviting. It's a remembrance of veterans of WW2, the bloodiest war in the history of the planet. It should reflect that in some way. There shouldn't be playful smiles on people's faces visiting, but looks of consideration of what was sacrificed and accomplished...at a very high price.

You don't think that what they fought for is as much a part of the fight as the blood spilled? Peace and beauty are what they fought for, what they left us, and have a rightful place in what we remember them for.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I would direct your attention to the controversy surrounding the "wall of shame", a structure that has come to be somewhat cathartic and interactive (rubbings etc) for people whose patriotic dead are memorialized there

Sometimes somber doesn't pass muster, either

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Dye the water black? :dunno:

It seems like a lot of Europe's war monuments are big and imposing, thus conveying a sense of weightiness. Ours is open and inviting, the sense of loss and gravity is missing.

It's too avant-garde for the USA, but this is one of my favorites:
    27919721015_6363b87740_b.jpg

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    By my calculations, the country has about 3 and a half days left.

It was reported today by either Katie Pavlich or Emily Miller, I can't recall which, that McAuliffe actually repeated the 93 million line twice today.

Once is a mistake. Saying it twice comes off as intentionally misleading.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom