"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Heard an ad on WIBC yesterday, some realtor or something.

The guy said, "I will literally lift up your house and shake every coin out of it..."

Literally.

What makes me sad is the ignorant comment in one of the commercials by someone who should know better. The VO is from a guy who used to do a retirement/financial planning show. He is hawking some HVAC company's special and mentions that they can finance, or if you are getting a tax refund, you can apply that instead.

What gets me is at the end "Whether you use your money via financing, or Uncle Sam's money..." (paraphrased, but the underlined words are accurate)

As a financial planning guy, he should know that a tax refund isnt the govt's money, but yours. Ignorant comments like that only perpetuate the misunderstanding of taxes/refunds.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana

I could make a killing with about half of the jeans in my closet!!
    1sm376money.gif~c200

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Once again, I'm at a loss for who this is and why I should care. Not to be snarky or snide but I simply don't know.
    Sounds like he's an Australian politician running for office, who happened to kidnap young boys 30 years ago. Apparently Australia is fairly progressive on pedophila.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    He is evidently a political candidate for some office in Australia. Had to drop out of a race for threatening to kill someone. Dropped out of another for a pic showing him saluting a swastika cut into his lawn. Retired cop, that (with other cops) was accused (and case dropped) of kidnapping 3 boys (that's the kidnapping mentioned above). Owns a security business.

Dude seems to have some issues. Perfect for politics.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    EDIT: Already being discussed here.

Someone please explain what's all this Bill Nye / gender fluid / 'sex junk' stuff to me.

Warning: the language is a little coarse here, so I'm leaving in the 's'.
    [video=youtube;Wllc5gSc-N8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8[/video]

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's explained in the "Science" thread. Oh. And so is God. And Salma. That's the best part, actually.

Someone please explain what's all this Bill Nye / gender fluid / 'sex junk' stuff to me.

Warning: the language is a little coarse here, so I'm leaving in the 's'.
    [video=youtube;Wllc5gSc-N8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So ESPN just let go hundreds of people... and they've decided to go the "MTV route".

Like it or not, ESPN isn't sticking to sports - Public Editor- ESPN

ESPN is now just another political news outlet.

Just got around to reading the article. This kinda stood out.
    As I wrote in November, the desire to draw a boundary between sports, culture and politics is a fool’s errand. Sports has always intersected with culture and politics. It isn’t a recent phenomenon; it’s been true for more than a century. If you don’t believe that, search the names Jack Johnson, Jim Thorpe, Babe Didrikson Zaharias or Moses Fleetwood Walker. (OK, I helped you out there).

WTF? I've been watching sports for maybe 45 years. I have never seen politics overtake sports discussions like it does today. There were occasional intersections with political events over those years. But not the preachy bull**** ESPN is passing off now. The only reason I have to watch ESPN now is when they're showing a game I want to watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom