Are you needing to use the horn more too?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Yesterday a guy got out of his car and walked across the street in front of me while I was driving. A block away from there, another guy was going the opposite way and we were waiting on a green light. He turned in front of me when the light changed. No phone involved in either one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Road rage is optional on 2 wheels, at least on a halfway powerful bike.

You can be beyond the reach of any 4 wheeler in seconds, and squeeze out of almost any situation. One of the only benefits for personal safety a bike affords you.

Absolutely, UNLESS you get trapped in traffic up the road. If you are stuck at a traffic light, behind other vehicles, there may not be a way to ride out of the "trouble" rolling up behind you.

It has happened to me, that is how I learned. I was naive to the van of hillbilly's that I'd pissed off by merely passing on a double yellow. It was a safe pass, but they didn't like that I could do it. They rolled up on me caught behind traffic at a light. I had no clue until they started talking :poop: and getting out of the van. I had to assess how not to shoot my way out of three pissed off bubba's, with nothing to lose.

That's not to forget that most bikes are somewhat distinctive. Go ahead and flip off some driver that pisses you off. Then park your scooter in any parking lot in the area, (even days later.) Smart, eh? Especially in this modern day where everyone has a mask that can hide their identity from lot cameras.

It can be a hard pill to swallow for those of us who aren't in the practice of taking much crap. Avoiding getting sucked into a road rage incident is hard enough without stirring it up ourselves.

You can certainly overdue it with the horn also. I'm a proponent of using the horn to let other drivers know you are there or even that they screwed up. It doesn't take a lot of laying on the horn to turn yourself into the aggressor though.

Last edited:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Then there is the good ole round abouts. When they first opened up in Valpo, I thought this is cool. Well after almost being hit about 6 times by drivers who don't know how to drive them, I decided to avoid them if at all possible. Then add the cell phone to someone trying to negotiate through one. LOL!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Then there is the good ole round abouts. When they first opened up in Valpo, I thought this is cool. Well after almost being hit about 6 times by drivers who don't know how to drive them, I decided to avoid them if at all possible. Then add the cell phone to someone trying to negotiate through one. LOL!

Meh. They are everywhere around here. I worse than being at a 4 way that so same idiots have no clue how to negotiate.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish

Meh. They are everywhere around here. I worse than being at a 4 way that so same idiots have no clue how to negotiate.

There's only one thing people need to remember, heistate and die. :cool:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I spent a lot of time driving around central Saudi Arabia, especially the capital city of Riyadh. The horn is the number one required piece of equipment for a vehicle there. It gets used more than the wheels. Traffic in the US of A is a sleepy backwater of somnolent silence compared to Riyadh.

Top Bottom