• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you still shooting or saving your ammo?

• Total voters

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Lets put it this way... mainly due to weather and time (being at school), I have shot maybe 120 rounds through ALL of my new stuff combined (and their is quite a bit of it). I have a decent supply of ammo saved up though. Just need the weather to change!

Papper2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    I still shoot 22's only because the wife wont tolerate the sound of a 223 going off from the open sliding dining room door---I do block the sink drain to avoid those pesky 22 brass casings from blocking the drains after I'm done--AND--the police up of the brass can be a problem if the wife steps on a missed one while barefoot.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I never shoot much this time of year, but I'm reloading just as much as I normally do. I've never owned a 223 and stocked up on pretty much all the other stuff I needed some time ago. If stocks remain very low into June or July, I might cut back on shooting 9mm, 380 and 30 Carbine.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Curious I have seen so many people seeling ammo at such crazy prices I am wondering why anyone would spend so much if they were going to turn around and shoot it.. I am guessing many are buying to resell or buying because they got caught with their pants down and are scrambling to stock up..

TJ

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Definitely cut back on center fire shooting (rifle & pistol). Thought I would start using some of the "forgotten" .22's, however, can't hardly find any of that ammo either.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    There should be an 'other'. I dont shoot much in the winter months anyway, but if the scare is still on, I'll still range it up, just spend lots of time shooting at flying clay targets with plentiful shotgun ammo.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    There should be an 'other'. I dont shoot much in the winter months anyway, but if the scare is still on, I'll still range it up, just spend lots of time shooting at flying clay targets with plentiful shotgun ammo.

Then your "Shooting as normal" from my perspective, I know many don't get a chance to shoot in the colder months. I was looking to see if more were shooting less or not at all because of the chaos. Ammo is still out there, but the prices are crazy and more and more shops are puttin glimits on how many boxes you can buy.

Spoke with my LGS and the owner said he is getting "deals" from his distributors.

Distributor: "If you buy $2-3000 in other product we can sell you .40 cal FMJ ammo for $20 a box of 50"

LGS Owner: " I have 40 in stock and it's priced $16.95, try again"

I thought it was funny he fired back like that. He has had to impliment limits because he doesn't want some idiot to come in and buy him out only to put it on-line and rape others..

He likes his regulars to have a little.. Said he even had a regular who he knows has never spoken of a rifle in a particular caliber come in and ty and buy out one of the harder to find calibers..

I wonder how long this chaos will continue..

Thanks for the replies and poll votes.

TJ

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I selected the decrease shooting answer. In all reality I usually decrease shooting during the colder months. It's actually normal for me to only shoot once every couple of months when it's cold out. How much I'll shoot when it warms up will depend upon reloading component availability once that time rolls around.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Shooting about the same as always, however running out fast and refusing to get raped on ammo prices. Once I get down to 100rds of each caliber I guess I will start dry-firing until this is over.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    ive been shooting normal, but with the cold weather a little less then normal. i also reload tho and stocked up very heavy over the last 6 months or so on bullets, powder and primers. Glad i did because i can not even order off berry's anymore because of the large number of orders they have now. wish i would have got some more 22lr tho, it seems just as hard to find as 233/5.56 now.

jdaniels

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Elkhart, Indiana
    Saving my 223 ammo but shooting 45ACP, 40SW as normal about 1-2 times a month would stop at the range and shoot 400+ rounds between the two, but cold weather has kept us inside lately.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    I say just as normal. Can't wait for spring as to head to pops land n let her fly... As long as I can replace what I have in the safe.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom