Are you trying to get to 50 quality posts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, here is how you do it.

1. Find something interesting to discuss. Please note that OC/CC and .40/9mm have been discussed numerous times, so find something that is interesting and will encourage feedback and then post the thread. Try something about training or alternative methods of self defense. If all else fails, you can probably find something in 2A or other political news that is interesting.

2. As you reply to the posts in the discussion, make sure you are "driving" the discussion, because "Cool." or "I agree with you." are one-liners and will be removed.

3. Post replies in other threads that help to "drive" the discussion. Simply posting, "Obamarama is a communist and I hate him!" would not count. However, if you posted, "I've done a lot of reading and although Obama claims to be a person who believes in the Constitution, I have reason to believe that is not true. For instance... " This is a reply that moves the conversation forward.

4. You can also pay to become a site supporter to get your 50 posts. Site supporters help keep the board alive and that help is GREATLY appreciated; however, we do not want anyone to believe that obtaining site supporter dollars is the end goal. If you are only here to purchase a gun, just pay the fee and buy your gun. That way you don't have to worry about the 50-post rule. Also, after you buy your gun, do not PM us to ask to have your membership removed because the owner is simply after money. That is not fair and to do it after you have made your purchase is a little disingenuous.

So, I believe if you follow these steps you can achieve your 50 posts.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is good advice.

I'll add this even though it doesn't directly impact post count:

Take a moment and proofread your post. If you are not very articulate, like most of us(after all, we are not Shakespeare), use posting on forums as an educational exercise to learn how to spell and write better.

Keep in mind, we can't see your body language or hear your voice inflection to help us understand the total context of what you are trying to say.

Is it sarcasm or sincerity? If we were talking in person, it would be relatively easy to deduce. On a forum, not so much.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Very good information. I think everyone should go by these guidelines to make meaningful posts. I'm guilty of just posting :popcorn: or :+1:. Sometimes other members say something far better than I can so I just quote it and :+1: it. Other times if it's a fiery subject that I don't want to get involved in I just :popcorn:.

Anyways, thanks for sharing, Que.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Very good information. I think everyone should go by these guidelines to make meaningful posts. I'm guilty of just posting :popcorn: or :+1:. Sometimes other members say something far better than I can so I just quote it and :+1: it. Other times if it's a fiery subject that I don't want to get involved in I just :popcorn:.

Anyways, thanks for sharing, Que.

After a member has 50 posts, he/she can post as may :popcorn: as they want.

Also, I think it's important to understand the first 50 posts give long-time members the opportunity "know" you. After a few posts, if the member if actively participating, it's easy to discern if the person is new to guns or an old timer with a wealth of information. Additionally, it gives members the ability to see which discussion forum most interests the new member. This may not be important, but some members avoid the political section while others only post in there.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I didn't find it difficult to post substantive comments on good threads, or start a few with questions I had. There is a ton of conversation going on here on multiple topics.

I don't understand why this is hard at all.

I understand how it can be difficult for some. It could be the inability to type and/or spell. It could even be that a member is lacking proper sentence structure. Some guys are just better talkers than writers, me included. Even if this is the case, we have too many members complaining about the rules when the easy way out is to pay the $15 and avoid ever having to type.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    When I joined you didn't even NEED 50 posts to participate in the classifieds, though I had my 50 and was a sight supporter long before I bought or sold anything on here.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When I joined you didn't even NEED 50 posts to participate in the classifieds, though I had my 50 and was a sight supporter long before I bought or sold anything on here.

Yup. Same here. I probably had 100+ posts before I used the classifieds. This isn't the only place to sell and buy stuff. I like the community.

Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I am still working on it. Might take a while but I hope to get there. No rush yet. I am a member of only one other forum aside from this which does not have the 50 post rule but they do have other rules which new members need to abide by.

Hope this counts as one :D

pjt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    How long could a member expect to wait to see their status changed to "SITE SUPPORTER" after sending a donation?

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I could see where the voluminous knowledge of INGOers on display daily could intimidate the lurkers.

Or they just don't understand bacon, losing your guns in a boating accident, why people with WTS ads are getting trade offers all day, etc.

Maybe they're afraid of the mods?

Top Bottom