Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;rpQSQEV4qEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpQSQEV4qEQ&list=PLRl7BYA4NxYdpu-1UGCu7wsVYtTx41_20&index=12[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;_OdtbAOLD8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OdtbAOLD8w&list=PLRl7BYA4NxYdpu-1UGCu7wsVYtTx41_20&index=11[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Augusta Maine. Things are a little different in Area 7. Chrono was pull your own bullets for example.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    The stages looked interesting
    Were people *****ing about the low ports and required prone like they do around here?
    I noticed that the bays weren't rocked that helps.
    No knee pads in the bag?

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Well there are only 3 maybe 4 things that you can do on your knees.
    At least 2 of them are either illegal or bad.
    One of them is a good
    The jury is still out on the fourth
    I don't have the email to refer to anymore.
    It was a good one:):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The stages looked interesting
    Were people *****ing about the low ports and required prone like they do around here?
    I noticed that the bays weren't rocked that helps.
    No knee pads in the bag?

There was no *****ing about the low ports or the prone position. Not one time did I hear it mentioned. There were several fat, old, crippled up bastards on my squad. They just did it. The stages were interesting and in many ways a little different. I had knee pads in the truck, because I like to plan and I broke one out on stage 4 or 5. An 8 second jam covered the need for it up. I think someone else named Bright should have used one on the same stage and her position would be better and more stable and could have hit the steel. But she is stubborn just like her mother.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The quote is that there are only three things that can be done on your knees. Two of the three are bad, and the other one unconstitutional in school. I made this remark to my wrestling teams regularly because I wanted them off their knees always. You can get beat on your knees, pray on your knees, and the third I never had to explain to wrestlers. My point being for young men two out of three are bad.

However, in my middle ages i have discovered that shooting pistols can be on the list. If shooting pistols is required knee pads are a great help.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Knee pads are a great help because macho does not mean **** if you have to go to work on Monday.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am planning to write up an article about the match and the stages for Front Sight. I will add some commentary here in a bit. I need to secure more beer first.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Last Wednesday night at 7:30 pm the family departed for Maine. Tuesday evening at 5:30 pm we returned. 2566 miles traveled through Indiana, Ohio, Penn., New York, Mass., New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine. We visited Cooperstown New York and the baseball hall of fame, Remington, Springfield Armory, took in a Red Sox game, visisted the Salem Witch Museum, Stood at the Old North Bridge at Concord, visited the village green at Lexington, and shot the Area 7 match. On the way home we visited Mt. Washington in NEw Hampshire. It was an epic trip.

Some thoughts in no particular order:

A back up gun is a real good idea. It is essential.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Boston Red Sox games are a party, but everyone is watching the game and the ump is going to have a long night. (As it should be)

GPS is great. But when the signal is gone a map is as handy as a pocket on a shirt. If you cannot use a map you are screwed. (I can)

This country is huge.

Three times on the trip things happened that sounded like gun fire. Everyone in the area thought it was gun fire. People are on edge.

I am going to start placing an emphasis on the Salem Witch Trials in my history class. Too many viable lessons there to let it slip by.

I like the attitude in New Hampshire. (Live Free of Die)

We did not protest the British and their actions. We shot the **** out of them.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    GPS is great. But when the signal is gone a map is as handy as a pocket on a shirt. If you cannot use a map you are screwed.

Are you using a dedicated GPS unit or phone GPS? If the latter, try downloading the full USA map on your phone, disable the internet and just use the built in GPS and you should be ok. That's what we did, especially when out of signal coverage or out of the country.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Are you using a dedicated GPS unit or phone GPS? If the latter, try downloading the full USA map on your phone, disable the internet and just use the built in GPS and you should be ok. That's what we did, especially when out of signal coverage or out of the country.

What would I use the map for?

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    There was no *****ing about the low ports or the prone position. Not one time did I hear it mentioned. There were several fat, old, crippled up bastards on my squad. They just did it. The stages were interesting and in many ways a little different. I had knee pads in the truck, because I like to plan and I broke one out on stage 4 or 5. An 8 second jam covered the need for it up. I think someone else named Bright should have used one on the same stage and her position would be better and more stable and could have hit the steel. But she is stubborn just like her mother.

Well if her mother is stubborn she doesn't have a chance:)

Top Bottom