ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!! My fingers hurt! Case Trimming help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Ok, thought I would take some advice, get my area set up. Sit in my living room, turn on my favorite channel (TMC, The Military Channel) and start to size my .223 brass.

I'm suing a Lyman accu trimmer which works great for my .308 brass, because its small loads.... Well now, I'm doing bulk .223 and my fingers and muscles can't take much more than 300 pieces...... in a sitting. I think I'm working on about 400. So I have about 100 to go....

What is the best way to trim cases automatically. Looked on Youtube... and nothing really trips my trigger.

What does everyone else do for bulk trimming?

Thanks.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I just this week set up a Dillon RT1200 on my Hornady LNL because I was tired of handling each case. It is awesome, crazy awesome, wish I could have bought it years ago but it was worth the wait.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County

This is the best trimmer out there. I had a Dillon trimmer, but I had such a hard time adjusting it, I sold it. I just got done trimming about 5k of .223 with the Giraud and it was a breeze. It's a little pricey, but its worth it if you do thousands of rounds at a time.....which you should be...because you're reloading.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    This is the best trimmer out there. I had a Dillon trimmer, but I had such a hard time adjusting it, I sold it. I just got done trimming about 5k of .223 with the Giraud and it was a breeze. It's a little pricey, but its worth it if you do thousands of rounds at a time.....which you should be...because you're reloading.

What if you're reloading, but only hundreds or maybe 50's at a time? Is that not reloading? :)

If you have thousands to trim, the Giraud looks to be the best tool for the job. The World's Finest Trimmer is also a very good option, if you "only" load ~500 at a time. For less than that, consider the Lee case length gauge system, with a cordless drill doing the twisting for ya. ;)

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I really wanted the Giraud but since I have a case feeder on my LNL the Dillon made more sense. I was worried about burs on the case neck but the first batch I ran are totally bur free. It's fun trying to keep up with the case feeder(I can't, but it's fun to try).

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    World's Finest Trimmer at Little Crow Gun Works

I bought this about 6 months ago for 223. I really thought I would be disappointed because of the price and their claims. I'm glad I was wrong! This thing is accurate as heck and idiot proof. It takes a little trial and error to get it set right. Once you get her tuned in...oh man! I can do 250-300 in half hour or less and that's not really rushing it. Take my advice before you spend a ton of money on a giraud and try this out

Last edited:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I agree that the Finest Trimmer is a good product, but how can it "take a little trial and error to get it set right" and also be "idiot proof"? :)

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Nope, now that you've clarified your own confusing post, I think we're done here. ;)

Thank you for your service to God and country.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Get a bolt the same thread as the handle bolt (but longer), cut off the head, unscrew the handle, screw the new bolt into the trimmer and chuck cordless drill to the new bolt.
    I took it one step further and bought the RCBS three way trimmer for 30 caliber and 22.
    My old cordless drill will do quite a few cases before it even thinks about slowing down.
    I'd like something fancier some day, but I already owned a cordless drill and the trimmer.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I use the Worlds Finest Trimmer from littlecrowgunworks.com It indexes off the shoulder so you dont have to use a chuck.You can easily do 45 to 60 per hour while watching TV.

Top Bottom