• ...and so much more!
  • Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    So Arizona republicans just repealed a law protecting the lives of babies.
    As someone who believes that the lives of babies matter, I’m honestly asking why I should bother voting when the people we get in office take what was already a victory and just surrender it completely. This is not incrementalism, this is giving up victories already won. I found it demoralizing to watch and I genuinely want a good reason to even bother voting anymore when there is no pro-life party present. I’ve heard the “stay in the fight” line but there is no fight. Why bother voting for these people?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So Arizona republicans just repealed a law protecting the lives of babies.
    As someone who believes that the lives of babies matter, I’m honestly asking why I should bother voting when the people we get in office take what was already a victory and just surrender it completely. This is not incrementalism, this is giving up victories already won. I found it demoralizing to watch and I genuinely want a good reason to even bother voting anymore when there is no pro-life party present. I’ve heard the “stay in the fight” line but there is no fight. Why bother voting for these people?
    Seems the Conservative Right wanted it to be given back to The States to Decide.
    Some are still not happy. :dunno:

Why do you care what happens to State Law in Arizona?

Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    apparently not everyone agrees with you
    I’m aware of that but why should I vote for a party that has repeatedly gone out of its way to flip the bird to the pro-life movement as well as every other conservative cause they’ve been surrendering for the last 60 years? Seriously it seems like the only republicans willing to fight are the ones in Florida.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    your first problem is ignoring where it happened. Arizona has had such an influx of Californians escaping their politics only to bring their politics with them it's idiotic. "right" there would be, at best, center here and their left is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy left

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Most republicans only used Roe as a campaign issue. They had no plan for the next step after Roe falling. The “pro-life” industry really was only interested in regulating abortion rather than its abolition. And as always the republicans are only interested in winning elections, they don’t have a movement like the democrats do.

Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    Most republicans only used Roe as a campaign issue. They had no plan for the next step after Roe falling. The “pro-life” industry really was only interested in regulating abortion rather than its abolition. And as always the republicans are only interested in winning elections, they don’t have a movement like the democrats do.
    So if they’re done fighting why should I take time out of my day to vote for them?

Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    your first problem is ignoring where it happened. Arizona has had such an influx of Californians escaping their politics only to bring their politics with them it's idiotic. "right" there would be, at best, center here and their left is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy left
    Do we have any reason to believe our politicians here are different? I mean Todd Young’s record for instance has been disgraceful, and I haven’t heard a single elected republican condemning this decision, but I have heard trump calling for this.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So if they’re done fighting why should I take time out of my day to vote for them?
    Vote your conscience, pick only candidates that align with your values, leave the rest go.
    In the United States we the people sometimes actually decide things good or bad.
    So the majority of people in Arizona wish to continue to offer unwanted children to Molech that is on them.
    You do know Indiana has abortion on demand as long as it's done at "proper" facilities, and abortions up to 20 weeks.
    If you want to do something start here.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Do we have any reason to believe our politicians here are different? I mean Todd Young’s record for instance has been disgraceful, and I haven’t heard a single elected republican condemning this decision, but I have heard trump calling for this.
    I know this is a hot button topic for you. Much like 2A rights are to most of us here. But the reality is most of the country doesn't feel the same way as you. Myself included. How many abused children that are killed by neglectful and resentful parents have to suffer that life?

EDIT: and yes, I fully expect to be flamed for this statement. I am not debating it. You're not changing my mind, I'm not changing yours. So hate me all you care to hate and leave it at that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    (Cross posted)

Ever notice that democrats seem to elect DINOs? Why is it the republican voter bats like .800 or more with theirs?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So which Arizona Republicans were you going to vote for? You werent? Then why are you upset at the party overall?
    Are you lumping ALL Republicans into that basket? You are going to not vote for your local Indiana R's because R's in another (very liberal) state voted foolishly? That makes as much sense as me getting mad at my wife because your wife did you dirty.

Now, if you would like to point out R's that are actually relevant to our lives here in IN (federal or local) doing stupid things, then we can talk.

Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    I know this is a hot button topic for you. Much like 2A rights are to most of us here. But the reality is most of the country doesn't feel the same way as you. Myself included. How many abused children that are killed by neglectful and resentful parents have to suffer that life?

EDIT: and yes, I fully expect to be flamed for this statement. I am not debating it. You're not changing my mind, I'm not changing yours. So hate me all you care to hate and leave it at that.
    I’m not here to flame people. Right now I’m mostly here to find out if anyone sees hope in the Republican Party because I’ve spent the last 4 years losing any faith I had in them to actually fight for anything worthwhile.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I’m not here to flame people. Right now I’m mostly here to find out if anyone sees hope in the Republican Party because I’ve spent the last 4 years losing any faith I had in them to actually fight for anything worthwhile.
    I haven't had any belief they would change anything for 20+ years. This isn't new. Far from it.

EDIT: I don't know that I blame them at times. When they do push, they are splayed across the media as fringe right wing nutjobs. The left owns and controls the narrative.

Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    So which Arizona Republicans were you going to vote for? You werent? Then why are you upset at the party overall?
    Are you lumping ALL Republicans into that basket? You are going to not vote for your local Indiana R's because R's in another (very liberal) state voted foolishly? That makes as much sense as me getting mad at my wife because your wife did you dirty.

Now, if you would like to point out R's that are actually relevant to our lives here in IN (federal or local) doing stupid things, then we can talk.
    When this was being discussed by prominent republican figures I didn’t see anyone in elected office coming out in favor of keeping it. I did however hear Trump as well as many elected republicans coming out in favor of repealing it. Our Indiana politicians as far as I know have been silent, but Trump has continued his recent streak of making me less and less excited to vote for him with this episode.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    When this was being discussed by prominent republican figures I didn’t see anyone in elected office coming out in favor of keeping it. I did however hear Trump as well as many elected republicans coming out in favor of repealing it. Our Indiana politicians as far as I know have been silent, but Trump has continued his recent streak of making me less and less excited to vote for him with this episode.
    Then please by all means vote for Biden. He's obviously your man for abortion and gun rights.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Seems the Conservative Right wanted it to be given back to The States to Decide...
    Of course we did. Under the Constitution, which contains no right to abortion or general right to privacy, this should always have been a state law issue. That's less of a strictly abortion issue than it is an originalist constitutional issue.

Now, the people of every state, through their representatives can decide what abortion laws to have if any. Returning the issue to the states was never going to end the abortion debate, but at least it allows there to actually be a political debate instead of nine failed lawyers making up rights ex nihilo because they think its a good idea. Want new constitutional rights? There's an amendment process.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Take this quick survey. See where you land.

Top Bottom