• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So what do you do if you are carrying a weapon and a police officer asks if you are armed? I completely agree with your statement but how do you do it without getting in trouble legally? "None of your business" probably won't go over so well in response to the weapons question. I was also under the impression that while I don't have a duty to inform, lying to an officer because you want to stand on your rights could get you in legal trouble down the road if found out.
    I have and will say "nothing illegal" when asked if I have any weapons or drugs (or grenades or dead bodies...), while having both guns AND drugs!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thanks! ATM also answered my question as to how "it" could be handled. I'm probably overthinking things WAY too much. However, who knew you could get killed standing next to a police car in your pajamas? In the back of my mind as I was typing my question, I was wondering if my refusal to answer if I was armed could ever be turned around on me as a "interfering with a police officer in the carrying out of his duties" bit. I'm not going to quote the exact part of the Indiana Code here but I did look it up this morning.

Interfering with a police officer? Sure, if you lie to them. Tell them that you are a cousin of you and not you, don't have any warrants, just got here from Florida, don't know who rhino is, don't know where the drugs are, etc.

I know people want to play Police Games to show what a good person they are. You don't win Police Games so shut up (the police don't believe you, they are continually lied to, every single minute of every single day, stop trying to win their approval and a pat on the head). You don't have to prove what a good person you. The copper will run your 27 and see what a good person you are. You have a valid license, you have insurance, you are not wanted on warrants, just relax.

But, but, Freeman, I might get a ticket? Wow, a ticket? A 4 point speed violation? Will the horrors never cease?

Look, I have 2 large file cabinets of people that would gladly trade places with you. Get the ticket diverted or beat it at trial or whatever. It's just a fine and points.

Don't turn an IF or OV into a CM or worse because you want to play Police Games because of logorrhea.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom