• ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Arkansas To Become Fifth State with Constitutional Carry

This is a big deal! My home state of Arkansas is going from a CC only and training required state to a constitutional carry state. This is a radical, and highly unexpected shift especially considering the fact that Gov. Mike Beebe has repeatedly voiced opposition to open carry. If Arkansas can do it, why can't Indiana?
    EDIT: I was wrong, disregard.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    It's not surprising that I've not heard of this since the only radio I listen to NPR and classic rock (everything else is country here). But this is awesome considering how restrictive it is. I didn't even bother transferring my license because I couldn't take it anywhere except Starbucks and Walmart practically.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The last paragraph in the article
    This marks a major victory for gun rights advocates in the Natural State, but Arkansas Carry urges Arkansans not to jump the gun, so to speak. The organization writes, “Arkansas Carry suggests that citizens consult a lawyer before carrying a handgun in public after the act takes effect. Being a new law, Act 746 is untested by the courts, and law enforcement officials are not completely aware of the implications as it pertains to the carry of handguns. Arkansas Carry’s interpretation of this law cannot be held as legally binding, and prosecutors may construe the law differently.”

Huh? So you allowed to carry in public maybe or maybe not depending on local interpretation of the law?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, I'd like to see this tide continue...

But this caught my eye:

Certain parts of Idaho, Montana, Illinois, and New Mexico also have Constitutional carry laws.

Are they jumping the gun (so to speak) a bit?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Huh? So you allowed to carry in public maybe or maybe not depending on local interpretation of the law?

No, they're saying "This isn't legal advice. We're not lawyers. If you get arrested, don't come sue us for saying it was OK."

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, that's great news for the good and decent folks of Arkansas (my Mother's home State, God rest her soul) :yesway:

That said, Arkansas IS 'Clintler's' (not a misspelling, LOL) home State, so I just wonder what sneaking, under-the-table', far-left whacko, sneaky stuff the libtards are concocting to fight against the new law.

Oh yeah, the Libtards are plotting and planning against it, for sure. They're out there, the back-stabbing little bastards. You KNOW they are!

But :+1: for Arkansas... in July, 2013!

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel

The text of the law is clear, but they don't want their article to be taken as legal advise. The law has no precedent in Arkansas courts, so they are advising playing it safe before precedent is set. Most people don't want to be that pioneer who tests the new law in court.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    This is where the whole Nation should be...to me nothing else is acceptable.

Absolutely...but soon enough there will be a slew of gun owners claiming to be "ardent supporters of the Second Amendment" inviting the feds to dictate such matters through "national reciprocity".

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Well, that's great news for the good and decent folks of Arkansas (my Mother's home State, God rest her soul) :yesway:

That said, Arkansas IS 'Clintler's' (not a misspelling, LOL) home State, so I just wonder what sneaking, under-the-table', far-left whacko, sneaky stuff the libtards are concocting to fight against the new law.

Oh yeah, the Libtards are plotting and planning against it, for sure. They're out there, the back-stabbing little bastards. You KNOW they are!

But :+1: for Arkansas... in July, 2013!

Honestly this hasn't been reported on by ANYONE except the original article. I think the democrat lawmakers are afraid of reprisal for voting against gun rights and keeping mum on this one to avoid stirring up their voters.

Top Bottom