• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    They're a division (owned by) Armalite. I'm sure they're fine rifles but not sure why Armalite came out with them unless they had a ton of possible surplus/blem parts? IDK. They only have a 1 year warranty which I find odd

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I saw on one spot that the warranty is the difference between Armalite and Eagle Arms tags on the rifles. Armalite tags have the lifetime and Eagle Arms have the 1 year.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    According to the link, the chamber is cut .223 Wylde. This may cause some issues with milspec 5.56 ammunition feeding reliably.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    It's a good entry level rifle that has some mil spec parts. The buffer tube is to mil spec. The bolt carrier in the rifle I have has a DPMS bolt and the carrier looks like it wasn't machined quite right. The whole guns still works and cycles though. The barrel is pretty hefty with a medium bull in front of the gas block and it swells under the hand guards. Accuracy is acceptable but the barrel may feel a bit heavy for a carbine. It is missing a rear sight out of box so add your sight of choice onto it. Trigger is heavy, but breaks cleanly so accuracy has potential if you are patient. The last thing is that the gun will be soaked in oil when you get it. steel, aluminum, even the plastic will have oil all over it.

It really is a budget rifle. The only reason i can see them bringing back the Eagle Arms name is to make a cheaper rifle and a 1 year warranty so it doesn't hurt their Armalite Brand rifles with the lifetime warranty. It would look bad to make a bunch of rifles that have lifetime warranties and then introduce a rifle with a single year under the same name.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why would a Wylde chamber have any issue with 5.56 ammo?

I have no explanation, but have heard several reports over time that it happens in some cases. I understand that the brochure says that by being an intermediate cut, it should accommodate both well, but have heard mixed reviews. The good thing is that if there is an issue, a qualified smith can fix it in a flash.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I mounted a Nikon P 223 scope and zeroed it for 100 yards. Getting 1.5 moa with Federal 55gr bulk. Gonna test some 69gr bullets today.

Top Bottom