• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    To all of you AIWB guys.......I've been giving appendix carry some thought, but there are two things I can't seem to get over yet.

1- The idea of a muzzle being pointed at my junk or leg.
    2- What if you find yourself pressed up against your opponent? Seems like your knife is your only option at that point. Assuming you ever get the chance to pull a weapon at all.

Thoughts?

Do the advantages outweight the disadvantages? If so, why?

1. The idea shouldn't bother you, but the reality of the damned thing going off should, and if it does I promise we here at INGO will be here to laugh at you.

2. When you find yourself in this situation, scream very loudly"THAT'S MY PURSE, I DON'T KNOW YOU" and promptly knee your attacker in the groin :D

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    1) It bothers some.

2) Not a problem, easier than if you are on your back with someone laying on top of you and you are trying to reach behind your hip to get the gun you (generic you) carry at 4 oclock.

I carry around 3-330, but I definitely see your point.

1. The idea shouldn't bother you, but the reality of the damned thing going off should, and if it does I promise we here at INGO will be here to laugh at you.

2. When you find yourself in this situation, scream very loudly"THAT'S MY PURSE, I DON'T KNOW YOU" and promptly knee your attacker in the groin :D

I enjoyed that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    When I first started carrying (well actually after a couple of days of doing SOB) I was carrying AIWB. I did that with my g23 in a High Noon Closing Argument holster for a couple of years before I went to 3-4 o'clock carry in a variety of holsters.

I will say that 3-4 o'clock was definitely more comfortable for me when seated for extended periods (like driving 13 hours straight) than AIWB. However, for normal every day carry I have gone back to AIWB with a Raven Vanguard II. It requires less cover garments for me to conceal (just a t-shirt). I still find that strong side carry is more comfortable when seated for overly extended periods of time, but that is a rare occasion.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Everyone's body is different, but longer slides also work better for me. Shorter slides tend to make the gun less stable once it's in a comfortable position that's high enough for a full firing grip.

Another thing that makes a big difference in AIWB is having a strut on your holster that presses out against your belt, pushing the grip of the gun into your stomach.

For visual reference, the struts on the G-Code HSP INCOG:
    008_4x.jpg

(The Raven and the PHLster holsters do this as well.)

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have been carrying appendix style everyday for 2 weeks now. It has really reduced my hip pain that I was getting from all day carry and has been comfortable. I have found it a little hard to conceal carrying on strong side so I am considering trying a crossover grip.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I am 6 foot and right around 200 lbs, been working on loosing the belly for the last four months (started at 230). I normally carry my 3 inch SP101 strong side in a belt holster but need something better for warm weather.

Normally I just go to my Keltec P3AT in a pocket holster for summer, but really would prefer my little revolver. I shoot better with it, more confident in 357's than 380's and frankly, a revolver is a more elegant weapon of a more civilized age (and simply cooler).

What holster would be most comfortable for appendix carry with a SP101? I have been looking around but not sure what to try and would like some suggestions from people that have tried them. I am not sure what would fit and be comfortable with a partial but disappearing belly so ideas are welcome.

Top Bottom