• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DKY197

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Monroe County
    I just don't know how to feel about this. You have to respect the victim and his own view of the matter, but the truth is the perpetrator IS going to get out of prison and IS going to harm someone else. Trying to believe he won't just defies reason. His next victim might not be as lucky as this one.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Wow. Can't say how I would have reacted to that situation. It appeared from the video there was an accomplice, not just an innocent bystander. The fourth person continued walking toward them after the gun had been fired. That doesn't appear to be "bystander" actions to me.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    It was an air soft gun.

The guy probably didn't feel his life was in danger, using deadly force would have probably not been justified.

I would have run at him and shoved his toy up his....

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    It was an air soft gun.

The guy probably didn't feel his life was in danger, using deadly force would have probably not been justified.

Article says it was a pellet gun. I'm doubtful that an small airsoft pistol could penetrate to give the injuries this guy seems to have sustained.

I know the video says it was an airsoft, though.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I misread the article, I thought this girl had dated the shooter too. Good on him for telling her to get out of the way if something bad was about to happen. As soon as I'm going pointed at with a gun, whether pellet or firearm, I'm going to at LEAST get my gun trained on the bad guy. that may be enough that I don't have to pull the trigger, but I'm at least putting myself in the position to do so.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I misread the article, I thought this girl had dated the shooter too. Good on him for telling her to get out of the way if something bad was about to happen. As soon as I'm going pointed at with a gun, whether pellet or firearm, I'm going to at LEAST get my gun trained on the bad guy. that may be enough that I don't have to pull the trigger, but I'm at least putting myself in the position to do so.

:twocents:.........If/when I get to that point......somebody's leave'n......and not the conventional way,neither.......
    :cool:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    :twocents:.........If/when I get to that point......somebody's leave'n......and not the conventional way,neither.......
    :cool:

My point was if he is yelling at me and has a gun, my gun will be out. If he shoots me, I will attempt to shoot him. The story implied the guy didn't pull his gun because there was a bystander and could have gotten hit. My guess is this piece of crap would have bolted if he saw his target had a handgun.

"If only Zimmerman could have shown the same restraint" is my take on what they are trying to get across with how the article was written.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I don't think I would hesitate if someone points a gun at me. There likely will not be enough time to analyze the type of weapon (most Airsoft models look like real weapons anyway). Pausing that long would be enough to let the BG get off 2 or 3 more shots.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After taking two pellets to his head and neck, Mohammed stands and watches the man flee, then notices a bystander who could have been hit if Mohammed had taken a shot. His hand is on his gun. But it stays in the holster.
    Bravo! The ultimate triumph of situational awareness, even if the GG's initial lack of situational awareness got him shot in the first place.

I think I would have still drawn my handgun from its holster, but the backstop observation would have happened prior to bringing it to bear, so I still would not have pointed it at the BGs. There is also the question is the GG's perception of the attack. Did it register that it was not real metal bullets, but instead was airsoft ****? If not, the perception that I was being shot at might very well have overridden backstop considerations. If so, then the perception of (relative) peril would still mandate essentially what the GG did.

I hope these attackers are found and put in prison with every ethnicity they hate and none that they are allied with.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    When a 25 year old man pulls a gun out and starts to point it at me, I'm taking it pretty serious. Who takes the time to stop and verify gun type before taking action? Even if it was a pellet gun, does anyone not think that eyes could not have been put out, or brain injury or death due to a pellet thru the eye.
    I commend the GG, but I know this incident would have ended much differently had I been accosted in such a manner. :twocents:

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    When a 25 year old man pulls a gun out and starts to point it at me, I'm taking it pretty serious. Who takes the time to stop and verify gun type before taking action? Even if it was a pellet gun, does anyone not think that eyes could not have been put out, or brain injury or death due to a pellet thru the eye.
    I commend the GG, but I know this incident would have ended much differently had I been accosted in such a manner. :twocents:

I second that motion, BG would have learned that a real gun does go bang as he caught two from me....

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    It was an air soft gun.

Getting hit in the face would chap my a_ _ up pretty good too! That guy showed more restraint than I probably could have. I guess it was a pellet gun, but one could mistake the pellet as a bullet from a .22 too. Crazy, just crazy.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Interesting... When I saw this story on the national news circuit it didn't mention anything about the victim being a responsible gun owner that was armed when he was attacked. :dunno:

Top Bottom