• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    If, as it appears at this time, that this is a good shoot, then the clerk should receive a commendation for his service to the law abiding public.
    Waiting for details to come out. Hope the clerk had LTCH, for his sake, not that such should be required for defense on one's self, but that's the current state of IN law.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    WTHR is naming the decedent as Levi Walker, age 20. Quick search of court dockets doesn't reveal anything too bad, and I think it picks up both Marion and Johnson counties.

Kinda odd that this dude was a first-time robber. Although, clearly, he wasn't that good at it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    WTHR is naming the decedent as Levi Walker, age 20. Quick search of court dockets doesn't reveal anything too bad, and I think it picks up both Marion and Johnson counties.

Kinda odd that this dude was a first-time robber. Although, clearly, he wasn't that good at it.

Maybe a first time robber. This time he definitely got caught but maybe not in all instances.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

First time vs first time caught could be a distinction. Possibly.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Sounds like the clerk did good.

Waiting for details to come out. Hope the clerk had LTCH, for his sake, not that such should be required for defense on one's self, but that's the current state of IN law.

You can carry without a LTCH, if you don't own the property, the owner just needs to OK it & the shooter was the owner so he's good. It also said the other clerks carry.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Sounds like the clerk did good.

You can carry without a LTCH, if you don't own the property, the owner just needs to OK it & the shooter was the owner so he's good. It also said the other clerks carry.

^^^^^ THAT surprises ME .....

I know that Phillips Corporate, is ANTI-GUN .....

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area

^^^^^ THAT surprises ME .....

I know that Phillips Corporate, is ANTI-GUN .....

That was going to be my question. If the store owner OWNS the property, does he still need a LTCH on his own personal property? Same thing for Phillips Corp. they wouldn't own the property, the property owner would have a franchise, and if not prohibited by franchise rules, can carry himself on his own private property and give permission to carry to his employees on his own private property. I'm no attorney, so I could be wrong. If I am, can an attorney please explain why and how.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    That was going to be my question. If the store owner OWNS the property, does he still need a LTCH on his own personal property? Same thing for Phillips Corp. they wouldn't own the property, the property owner would have a franchise, and if not prohibited by franchise rules, can carry himself on his own private property and give permission to carry to his employees on his own private property. I'm no attorney, so I could be wrong. If I am, can an attorney please explain why and how.

Thanks

Own or lease wouldn't make a difference for carrying without a LTCH. It's his business regardless of who owns the deed. Franchise rules wouldn't effect Indiana state law for carrying or self defense.

My local gehtto Phillips 66 was robbed a couple of years ago and the clerk was shot in the face and died. Then the murderer skipped away. I belive the murderer was arrested.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hope the clerk had LTCH, for his sake, not that such should be required for defense on one's self, but that's the current state of IN law.

At least in Marion Co, I can't think of anyone who was in a legitimate self defense shooting who was charged with no-LTCH. I had a case similar, but less fatal, just a few weeks ago and the person had applied for, but not yet received a LTCH. Both I and the prosecutor agreed no charges were appropriate.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County

"Friend, you better get another line of work; this one sure don't fit your pistol." — J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Top Bottom