• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stlaser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    How many LTCH parents with children in school would give up a day a month or be put on a less frequent scheduled rotation to perform security at your childs school? Note: this would probably also include dedicated training one weekend a month maybe and also obvious routine mental competancy as well as standard back ground checks.

Good idea or dumb, please discuss

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's a shame we have to consider making our schools look like they're in Israel or something. How about we just remove the guarantee of an unarmed set of victims in that building and replace it with the element of reasonable doubt-so to speak.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    How about putting some of our wounded warriors in the schools. I am sure we have the technology to make this workable for any that would be interested. Would give them a sense of purpose and being around some of these folks would be good for our kids. Win, win.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I would be very happy to volunteer my time. I would even be willing to pay for my own training and background checks. I am sure many of us would.

jstiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Greensburg
    I would do this but I don't trust the other parents with guns. Example--I know my sister wants to go get LTCH to protect her children. But knowing her and how jumpy she is, I could see her blowing away some old man asking for directions. I just feel sometimes that no amount of training can teach some people how deadly a weapon is.

stlaser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I personally do not want reasonable doubt. I want it matter of fact.

It's a shame we have to consider making our schools look like they're in Israel or something. How about we just remove the guarantee of an unarmed set of victims in that building and replace it with the element of reasonable doubt-so to speak.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'd rather see something like Israel with the teachers being armed and having training being part of their "continuing education". I've seen enough morons at the range to know I wouldn't want them around children.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

:+1: well said as usual!!!!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I personally do not want reasonable doubt. I want it matter of fact.

Doubt on the part of the shooter is all it takes. They choose these places because the victims are all "fish in a barrel" because they are gun free zones.

Do you really want your kids going to a prison like environment to get an education? If you want to depend on others for your security or the security of your family, why even have a weapon? IMO, gun free zones and the politicians that put them in place are the reasons these shootings continue.

30 years ago students could bring guns on school property and it wasn't a big deal. People didn't get expelled for bringing a pocket knife to school either. We also didn't have weekly massacres..... Coincidence?:twocents:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    How many LTCH parents with children in school would give up a day a month or be put on a less frequent scheduled rotation to perform security at your childs school? Note: this would probably also include dedicated training one weekend a month maybe and also obvious routine mental competancy as well as standard back ground checks.

Good idea or dumb, please discuss
    GOOD IDEA, put me on the LIST !!!!!

stlaser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    16 years ago students could bring guns on school property and it wasn't a big deal. People didn't get expelled for bringing a pocket knife to school either. We also didn't have weekly massacres..... Coincidence?:twocents:

FIFY I graduated in 96 and we still had them then......

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Both of my daughters have already graduated high school, and the one that's still in college is going to be a teacher.
    I would volunteer at ANY school that would have us!

Top Bottom