• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'm interested to see if you guys are as shocked as I am at this video. I see so many epic fails in such a short period of time I can't even imagine how this thread will play out. DO NOT SHOOT AT THE BG AS HE IS FLEEING!!! :nono:

:popcorn:

Man fights off armed robber - wsbt.com

Wow... I don't even know where to start. That guy is lucky he didn't get himself killed! All the while he had his own weapon on him!

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Watched this twice, He is pocket caring. All I see is a dead robber, but he never pulls or shoots till the last 4 seconds. Totally confused.

"DO NOT SHOOT AT THE BG AS HE IS FLEEING!!!"​

Considering he was fired upon, he has nothing to fear.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    One of the comments says the perp was hit twice and caught. I don't care if he was fleeing. Now that POS is off the street and the world is a little safer.

If someone fired a shot at me I would have a hard time not shooting them back even if they were running.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Watched this twice, He is pocket caring. All I see is a dead robber, but he never pulls or shoots till the last 4 seconds. Totally confused.

"DO NOT SHOOT AT THE BG AS HE IS FLEEING!!!"​

Considering he was fired upon, he has nothing to fear.

Yes he was fired upon....hell, once BG points the firearm at me, that is my que to neutralize said threat first chance I get (him taking his eyes off me while looking around...looking down at the moped trying to start it). Trying to explain why he has 6 rounds in his back....not good. He is FLEEING. Unless I'm incorrect in my knowledge, if he is trying to get away from the confrontation, you have no legal standing in firing upon him. IANAL, so someone else feel free to educate me if I am incorrect. I'm always up for learning.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I cannot believe his friends just stayed in the garage. I would have shot my friends for not coming to help esp after i was just shot in the leg. with some better situational awareness there would have been a dead bad guy here.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Yes he was fired upon....hell, once BG points the firearm at me, that is my que to neutralize said threat first chance I get (him taking his eyes off me while looking around...looking down at the moped trying to start it). Trying to explain why he has 6 rounds in his back....not good. He is FLEEING. Unless I'm incorrect in my knowledge, if he is trying to get away from the confrontation, you have no legal standing in firing upon him. IANAL, so someone else feel free to educate me if I am incorrect. I'm always up for learning.

I would agree that it would be a bad idea to fire at a fleeing suspect, even if he had previously fired at you. You are placing your life in the hands of the prosecuting attorney. A good prosecutor would see the facts and would refuse to press charges. However, a prosecutor who is trying to make a name for himself, might just pursue the issue. That's not a risk that I'm willing to take.

IC 35-41-3-3
    Use of force relating to arrest or escape

Sec. 3. (a) A person other than a law enforcement officer is justified in using reasonable force against another person to effect an arrest or prevent the other person's escape if:
    (1) a felony has been committed; and
    (2) there is probable cause to believe the other person committed that felony.
    However, such a person is not justified in using deadly force unless that force is justified under section 2 of this chapter.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I cannot believe his friends just stayed in the garage. I would have shot my friends for not coming to help esp after i was just shot in the leg. with some better situational awareness there would have been a dead bad guy here.

exactly!

My friends would have come out to give me a hand, and if this happened to one of my friends, i would have been the first one out there to back him up.

Good thing this cat is moving, he needs better friends.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Beat me to it, some friends he's got.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Wouldn't have hesitated at all one the Bg pointed at me. (or atleast that's what I hope I would end up doing presented the situation)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

They could've grabbed some of that lumber in the dumpster and beat the guy into submission. All sorts of FAIL here! :ugh:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Observations:

Simply pointing/waving a gun around just doesn't scare/intimidate some people, so don't rely on it.

Pocket guns (the perps) can be BIGGER than you think. I'm, for one, am inspired by the perp to start carrying a 6" Model 29 as a pocket gun, just because.

I think the victim had second thoughts (and 3rd, 4th, 5th, ... etc. thoughts) about pulling out his pocket/mousegun on an already drawn bigger gun. Small gun, relatively slow draw from that type of carry, hmm.

Instead of putting that 1x3 (or whatever it was in the dumpster), a baseball swing with that might have been the end of it. I guess the stimulus didn't enter his OODA loop soon enough.

Just a very odd confrontation.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Observations:

Simply pointing/waving a gun around just doesn't scare/intimidate some people, so don't rely on it.

Pocket guns (the perps) can be BIGGER than you think. I'm, for one, am inspired by the perp to start carrying a 6" Model 29 as a pocket gun, just because.

I think the victim had second thoughts (and 3rd, 4th, 5th, ... etc. thoughts) about pulling out his pocket/mousegun on an already drawn bigger gun. Small gun, relatively slow draw from that type of carry, hmm.

Instead of putting that 1x3 (or whatever it was in the dumpster), a baseball swing with that might have been the end of it. I guess the stimulus didn't enter his OODA loop soon enough.

Well, the perp even turned his back on him for a few seconds. Why didn't he pull his pocket gun then???:dunno:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I watched the video thinking... "Wow this guy is ultra brave for confronting an armed robber... getting shot... only to get up and keep confronting the guy.

Then... to my surprise... this guy gets up pulls his own weapon and fires at the perp as he is fleeing on foot.

After that I realized that this guy was not only brave, but an idiot. Why he didn't shoot that little bastard earlier -- I have NO IDEA.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Observations:

+1... I can't believe he didn't knock him off the damn bike with it?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just to stir the pot a bit.

Does anyone think the victim might have responded differently at some point if he were carrying a more substantial gun on the strong side hip under a loose shirt?

Does anyone think OC would have changed the situation/outcome?

Let the fun begin!

Top Bottom