• ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    True...

However, their AIT is Our AIT...
    They also get to go to Our Ranger School, SF School, JFK Series of Schools, the War College, all the Marshall Program Classes, and all of Our NCOES and Officer schools...

So they know what we know...

Yeah, but I've worked (if that's what they call it) with the Saudis.

Was TAD with a Saudi group that included a prince once. Our day started at 0 dark 30, theirs at 1030. Ours ended at 2230. They took a break at 1100 and returned at 1145. Took another break at 1200 and returned at 1430. Finally they left at 1600 and showed up the next day. Laziest bunch I'd ever seen.

One day a few of them came back and ate lunch with us. One of them asked a buddy what they were eating. He told them BBQ pork (it wasn't). Guy spit up, threw up, yelled a lot, and we never saw him again. Turns out he was the prince. Friggin hilarious.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I expected to read that obama-messiah was going to sell them the terrorist weapon of choice for use in the US, Boeing 757s and 767s!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Semper, I saw some of the same "work ethic" when I was going through COMMs school in Pensacola. No foreigners in my class, but saw them coming into the secure compound late in the A.M. and leaving early in the P.M.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    The same could have been said for South Korea and Israel. Except the Kenyan put the kabosh on that. Which makes the continued military trading taking place take on a slightly different pall.

well, yeah, except the saudis want us to drop dead right after iran, israel, iraq, yemen, oman, and the rest of the desertdwellers.

also, afghanistan. and no, not this time. this time makes round two. round one was in the 70s when we didn't like the russians and so we poured money into the graveyard of empires for giggles and now that al queerbait has got stingers and tanks and something upwards of billions of dollars, all of a sudden we're surprised?

BLOWBACK is not just what you get when you drink from someone else's soda.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My problem is we are selling them Our equipment (granted it is not the newest and greatest) and teaching them how to best put it to use. One day this will bite us in the posterior...

I have a question though. While we may be selling them updated (not latest and greatest) equipment, they're not getting our advanced radios, avionics, radar, etc. etc. etc. right? Kinda like with the F15s.... They didn't get all the advanced avionics like what we use, right?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have a question though. While we may be selling them updated (not latest and greatest) equipment, they're not getting our advanced radios, avionics, radar, etc. etc. etc. right? Kinda like with the F15s.... They didn't get all the advanced avionics like what we use, right?

Depends on what the equipment is really...
    I listed earlier in the thread what the SA has purchased off of us in the past...
    The MLRS may be version 1 of the SPLL made in the late '70's, but does that really matter with the fact that it can still make a 1 square kilometer disappear inside of 1 minute from 40 klicks out?! :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yeah, but I've worked (if that's what they call it) with the Saudis.

Was TAD with a Saudi group that included a prince once. Our day started at 0 dark 30, theirs at 1030. Ours ended at 2230. They took a break at 1100 and returned at 1145. Took another break at 1200 and returned at 1430. Finally they left at 1600 and showed up the next day. Laziest bunch I'd ever seen.

One day a few of them came back and ate lunch with us. One of them asked a buddy what they were eating. He told them BBQ pork (it wasn't). Guy spit up, threw up, yelled a lot, and we never saw him again. Turns out he was the prince. Friggin hilarious.

I never said they were highly motivated. Now did I?! :D

I will not get into the work ethics of most of the Arab World though. They make the UAW look High Speed and Low Drag...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Depends on what the equipment is really...
    I listed earlier in the thread what the SA has purchased off of us in the past...
    The MLRS may be version 1 of the SPLL made in the late '70's, but does that really matter with the fact that it can still make a 1 square kilometer disappear inside of 1 minute from 40 klicks out?! :D

I suppose you have a point. I know we'd never just sell off our good stuff to a potential enemy, but I was just curious as to what level technology we were selling with the equipment.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Depends on a couple of things...
    Current Administration, World Politics, Money...

What I would like to point out again is some of the Allies that we have Armed and Trained;
    Columbia
    Mexico
    Venezuela
    Nicaragua
    Honduras
    Costa Rica
    Chili
    Panama
    Iraq
    Pakistan
    Yemen
    Saudi Arabia
    Dubai

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Depends on a couple of things...
    Current Administration, World Politics, Money...

What I would like to point out again is some of the Allies that we have Armed and Trained;
    Columbia
    Mexico
    Venezuela
    Nicaragua
    Honduras

Costa Rica
    Chili
    Panama

Iraq
    Pakistan
    Yemen
    Saudi Arabia
    Dubai

Good
    Bad

Those three I highlighted good, only because they're not hostile to America. The others, all VERY hostile to America at one point or another. Makes you want to :puke:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, maybe GOOD wasn't the right term. Maybe "Not so bad" would have been better. Stupid inability to edit... :):

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    LOL...

They must have changed in the last 5 years then. The tourist areas are nice, but you move out a little into the fringe areas it used to be a different story...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think you need to take a trip to the three you highlighted in green...

My father has been to both Countries excluding Chile. And not the tourist traps either. Please explain what's so bad about them. Chile, I had a friend from there. Regardless what the government does, Chileans are actually pro-American. At least from all the letters he read to us from various friends in his home Country. :dunno:

Top Bottom