• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have used it with no issues yet, however, I have had just as many non replies and or maybe this ones not quite right moments too.

Buyer beware.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    A large percent of arms list sellers are scammers. Buyer beware. Lots of no shows, low ballers . Stick with the good people of INGO.

I've bought and traded on Armslist and Hoosier Topics, I have never had a no show and all went smoothly. I do have a list of requirements before a meet and probably the most important one is that I have to TALK to you. Just that one thing separate's the wheat from the chaff, at least for me. You have good and bad in all of it, INGO included.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I have used them forbears, both buying and selling. I will ONLY do FTF sales IN CASH and try to bring a backup friend. On two occasions I was being set up for a robbery. I always get there early and check the area out, old habits die hard. In both occasions there were cars BACKED in with 2 guys sitting in them s they had a clear view of buyer and seller.

If it doesn't 'feel right' walk away. There are always other guns.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    Bought and sold numerous times thru AL. No problems here. In most cases the people I have met were enthusiasts like me that could talk forever about shooting and collecting history. I have seen several scam listings, but like others have said, if it doesn't seem right, its probably a scam. I also like to get to the public meeting place early and position myself where I can see around and look for suspicious vehicles or people. I'm always armed, because you can't trust people these days. Just be safe and stay legal.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    Another pet peeve with AL is that the filters are not accurate at all. If you expand your search outside your immediate (state or national) looking for sellers who will ship, I assume if I check the field indicating the seller will ship will narrow down the results. Then if you open that listing, there is a field for shipping and more often than not it says NO. Don't know if anybody has had similar results, but something is wrong there.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I've never seen a shipping filter, and it doesn't ask when you list whether you will ship or not.

Oh NVM see vendors that will ship. That is only an option for actual dealers to use. Private listings do not have that function. To make that effective you have to turn off private sellers

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    I've contacted a guy trying to sell & it takes forever. I don't really email to much so I gave contact my phone number for quick response back and forth. He contacts me via email.!!?!+;. I wonder if he was given my number cuz everything goes thru Armslist. I really don't know. I hate when people post "for sale" then they either back out or don't return messages...just my rant

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Much more available on armslist than INGO. Just like much more available on Craigslist than Facebook marketplace. I sell on INGO, period. If it doesn’t sell I’ll go to armslist after a couple weeks. I buy on INGO, period. I will not buy from armslist from past experiences.

Also no sure why everyone is complaining about people not willing to ship on armslist. I’ve never seen anyone willing to ship on INGO and I’m not willing to ship on INGO or armslist, either. Ever.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I've bought and traded on Armslist and Hoosier Topics, I have never had a no show and all went smoothly. I do have a list of requirements before a meet and probably the most important one is that I have to TALK to you. Just that one thing separate's the wheat from the chaff, at least for me. You have good and bad in all of it, INGO included.

I’ve not had much luck on HT because of the distance involved and AL is sometimes a crap shoot. Most people want to text and seem to get offended because I won’t text till a deal is made. I’m old school and figure, if you can’t actually talk about a gun deal, I’m not wasting my time. Of course, I grew up doing deals with the old “Trader” paper that came out on Wendsdays and you had to drive miles just to look at junk. lol

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Armslist seems super sketchy to me. Don't think I have ever bought or sold. Tried to buy a bunch of times. Noone ever gets back to me. Actually tried on a shotgun last night. No go.

Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    I used to use it a LOT. Don’t hundreds of transactions and never had a issue and met a lot of nice people. but lately, seems like a lot of sketchy people have taken it over, so I haven’t bought or sold a gun on there for a while.

Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    I have bought - sold - traded using Arms List quite a few times with no issues. I will only do a deal face-to-face and my preferred meeting place is the parking lot of a police station.

jt1975

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Whiteland
    I have used armslist a lot buying, selling and a occasional trade. Never had a bad ftf experience, some no responses back and one no show. I
    always try to talk to the person on the phone ahead of time if a deal is meet. The scammers and overpricing is getting out of hand though IMO.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I used to use it a LOT. Don’t hundreds of transactions and never had a issue and met a lot of nice people. but lately, seems like a lot of sketchy people have taken it over, so I haven’t bought or sold a gun on there for a while.

That is how it has gone for me. Don't go there much at all anymore

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have had good luck on Armslist myself. The only questionable thing I ran into was once I was selling a WASR (during the post Sandy Hook panic) and some guy from Cali wanted to buy it. I turned that one down.

Top Bottom