• ...and so much more!
  • jescott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Good bye Armslist

I have enjoyed Armslist for a long time and done many trades, sales, buys over the years. I have met and enjoyed talking with other gun enthusiasts. I think they have cut their own throats with this move. The private individual members numbers will probably drop sharply and that was the appeal of the site. I didn't even look at the dealer listings. I can't even edit or take down the postings I have on the site without upgrading and I'm not giving my financial information to someone plagued with such a sketchy history. I will miss you Armslist. I feel you have given a victory to anti-gunners.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have not looked on armslist in a couple of days, they have to be loosing traffic.
    Like many others, just not doing enough "business" to make it worth my time.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    All I can do now is check AL in the AM and "IF" the ad has a 317 or 765 area code text the individual and see if they are local.
    I have had all good deals in the past there.

Unless it's the rare occasion when I'm out-of-control over something I've looking for months, I only buy when it is a terrific value b/c I know I might be selling it.
    Lately, I haven't sold much b/c I've had most things to try out in the past 3.5 yrs. & like what I've got, whether it is a CC revolver or CC semi-auto, range gun or in the .22LR family.

Some of my best buys have also come from Armslist, but you have to put up with the lowballers, time-wasters & the no-shows.
    When I meet people I always ask them if they know about INGO, and about half the time they do.
    I'm always surprised when they are real enthusiasts & older but they have never heard of INGO.
    I don't know how they live w/o it. :ingo:

I have added 3 other guns-for-sale websites to my computer since I like to look. :laugh:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Fellow "Rush" lover. saw them 9 times and wish I had gone 20 more...lol

Thank you. I've seen them 3 times. I don't want to derail this thread with a Rush discussion.
    I see you are a new member, just be careful with the "one liners".
    If you're not familiar with what I am speaking of, it's under the rules for the classifieds.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thank you. I've seen them 3 times. I don't want to derail this thread with a Rush discussion.
    I see you are a new member, just be careful with the "one liners".
    If you're not familiar with what I am speaking of, it's under the rules for the classifieds.

Go easy, he's in a new world, man.

:)

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    That is disappointing. I just told the building director about Indiana Arms List. I have sold several firearms locally (Lafayette) area over the past few years. Last one was just as the COVID 19 was building steam here and shotguns were hard to find.
    Well, all good things come to an end. It was nice while it was free to use.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I found this site after Armslist's change.. Overall, I'm happy I found it and am planning to become a supporter.

My opinion is that A.L. would be better by doing a yearly subscription like this INGO has. I would pay $20/year for my browsing/buying/selling, but I don't wish to pay 80+/yr for the $7/mo subscription. I think they would also have triple the number of people willing to pay $20 (or $20+$3 transaction fees) per year than wanting to shell out for an indefinite subscription. I buy my cell phone plan one year at a time - it's pretty sweet. I would also like to do the same for forums/A.L.

FKIM01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2013
    United States
    I wasn't very active on Armslist, but this is the nail in the coffin for me. It's not like there were a lot of great deals anyway.

Reminds me of how Netscape went out of business...one bad "upgrade".

DC1711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 9, 2018
    Auburn
    Was registered under the old system, was very lucky in finding several things I needed and sold a gun on it also. I went to contact a seller about some really well priced ammo just 5 miles from me and that's when I ran into the new pay request to use. Good by ammo and good by Arms list.

jwestks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    leoti
    If this weeds out the scammers, ok with it, but do away the adds, I get so tired of adds everywhere I look. So a little extra money spent to surf the site being add free is worth it, imho.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Funny how AL starts charging to use the classys and most posting to complain about it have been members here for years but yet have 55 or less posts.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Honestly it was great when I first used it years ago but after awhile it got way too sketchy. Last few times I tried to buy something people tried to scam me and more often than not I found myself not meeting up with people who sounded like felons. To me it was easier just to set up at a gun show and look on here adverse to using armslist.

Top Bottom