• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I just made my 1st sale through Armslist tonight....couldn't have gone any smoother :yesway: If something seems fishy, it probably is....use you're best judgement to filter the rif-raff!

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    I had a seller flake out on me, then a week or so later they created a duplicate ad, I answered and eventually bought the gun.

My Father recently sold his 45-70s and a couple lever 45LC rifles via Armslist. His listings lasted at most 30 minutes before he had a committed buyer. Guess it just depends. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Armslist requires a bit of weeding through - but there are good deals to be found, and individuals that wish to purchase items posted at a fair price.

If they want $625 for a used Glock, ignore their ad. If they want to offer you $150 for your used Glock, ignore their message.

I check armslist almost daily, and while most the time I leave the site without finding anything I must have - every now and then I come across something that makes it worth it.

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    I have done a lot with armslist and finally got fed up with it. I have had an account on here for a while but I wasn't very active on it, but many recent shady encounters have made persuaded me to come here to do most of my gun transactions.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I think several of the "gun traders" out there are doing gun deals as a way to supplement their income, they are not that difficult to weed out. I do gun deals because I go through phases, one day I like auto loaders, the next day I don't, one day I like long guns, the next day I don't, very seldom do I sell my revolvers or my shotguns. The one thing that I have learned from my gun deals, gas must be cheaper where I buy it because almost no one is willing to drive to me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Geez, you guys need to get your panties un-bunched.

It's called free enterprise. A person asks for a price they think is fair, or maybe not. Maybe they just feel there is a P.T.Barnum target out there nearby. (A fool and his money are soon parted)

If I can get someone to pay $600 for a Davis Industries explodo-matic, or a P.O.S. Jennings, then that's what it was worth, no more, and no less.

When you deal with the public at large, you never know what type of person you might encounter.

As for changing their minds...? Who says you can't?

BTW- The "problem" outlined above is NOT exclusive to Armslist.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My outlook on life in general is to keep the stupidity at a minimum. After dealing with the public all my long life I find that there are really more good folks out there than bad but the weeding out process is getting to be a lot more tedious with the Pawn star reality aspect of trading anything anymore. I do a lot of swapping around and have set my course in a given direction lately. Have sold off a lot of pieces to accomplish this and have used ingo almost exclusively due to the convenience and the community atmosphere of the classifieds compared to the idiocy of the other forums mentioned in these threads. If I post up a piece at a fair price someone always buys it with no hassles. The driving is usually split evenly, the buyer/seller is on time and I do not feel the need to have back-up with me anymore. Never had a tense moment. I have also met too many great folks to go elsewhere. The few deals I have done with Armslist have been tense and a bit flaky. Too many tire kickers looking to buy low and sell high.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I've had 3 Armslist Deals. All have gone smooth. One the seller was offered more than our deal, but he was a stand up guy and sold it to me for the agreed price. There are flaky people everywhere. :twocents:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Geez, you guys need to get your panties un-bunched.

It's called free enterprise. A person asks for a price they think is fair, or maybe not. Maybe they just feel there is a P.T.Barnum target out there nearby. (A fool and his money are soon parted)

I just hate to be treated like an idiot or to see others trolling for idiots. I was raised to always offer a fair price and not to try and stick it to the other guy.

It's just downright insulting to ask for a $100 premium over retail for someone's "breaking in services" on a used gun.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I bought a sweet 228 off craigslist a couple of years ago. Nice guy.

A Ishapore .308 Enfield for 3/4 the going rate from a guy wanting out of firearms collecting.

Then one euro-trash complete and utter waste of air who went by the email lexbrus. Committed to a purchase then tried to low-ball the pee out of me in person. On condition (it was perfect)? Nope. Based on the model - which he understood completely before arrival - was not the one he really wanted. Mousey little waif was late to boot. Needless to say, I told him do sexual things to himself.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Armslist is always good for a laugh. I have done quite a few deals on Armslist. People do ask for exhorbitant amounts for their guns. I pass. There are fair deals to be had and there are good people who sell things on there. Just have to look around. I get a lot more low ball offers by fringe members of INGO than I usually do on Armslist.

dagger dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Harrison County
    I have sold one there and the deal was top notch, tried to buy one and couldn't get the guy to do a 50 mile 1/2 way, even offered more than his reduced price.

Some yoyo's you can spot right off on the first contact, but others take a few more.

I suggest that you state in the post , no dicker, or what ever your policies are to start, it weeds them out faster.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have sold one there and the deal was top notch, tried to buy one and couldn't get the guy to do a 50 mile 1/2 way, even offered more than his reduced price.

Some yoyo's you can spot right off on the first contact, but others take a few more.

I suggest that you state in the post , no dicker, or what ever your policies are to start, it weeds them out faster.

No, it really does not. They will try. Even on ingo, they will try.

Supersport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Lafayette
    Ive done a few armslist deals and never had a problem... I have been low balled but i figure thats gonna happen anytime you have something for sale. I can understand wanting to get a good deal on something but some people are just flat out insaulting.

Top Bottom