• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Berets have quite a bit of history in the military. Special forces, certain air units, paratroopers, and armored mechanized units traditionally wore different colors to distinguish them from other units.
    It does add a bit of military refinement to a uniform, instead of a bunch of people that look like camouflaged MLB players. But for every day use as a duty uniform, I can see where it would get old really fast.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm no saying you did not earn it. It was part of your uniform. We had one duty cover and that was it.

These discussions are like anything else I guess; everyone is entitled to their opinion. I didn't mind the patrol cap, but for me, there will never be anything like the Airborne beret. My father hated the beret and thought it looked feminine and the original Airborne (class-A and B) cap was meant for real men. :D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Army fashion show time!

Seriously, why are they wasting time and resources on this?

Because they can never look this good.:D

picture.php

We don't need no stinkin beret.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just think they waste way to much money, not just the Army alone. Now every branch has their own duty uniforms. The Army is now looking to replace their uniforms again? When I joined the Coast Guard, our uniforms where horrible. We looked like gas pumpers, honestly. When we switched over to the Department of Homeland Security. They wised up and and we switched to an ODU. Basically the same as the BDU. The only thing that I hated was that we had to tuck our blouses in. Now they are releasing a new ODU, and the blouse is wore un-tucked. It makes no damn sense to me.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I just think they waste way to much money, not just the Army alone. Now every branch has their own duty uniforms. The Army is now looking to replace their uniforms again? When I joined the Coast Guard, our uniforms where horrible. We looked like gas pumpers, honestly. When we switched over to the Department of Homeland Security. They wised up and and we switched to an ODU. Basically the same as the BDU. The only thing that I hated was that we had to tuck our blouses in. Now they are releasing a new ODU, and the blouse is wore un-tucked. It makes no damn sense to me.
    this crap is all politics as it has been since the beginning of all the branches. the money they waste on uniforms pales in comparison to other waste in the military or govt. the CIA is probly the largest money waster.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    this crap is all politics as it has been since the beginning of all the branches. the money they waste on uniforms pales in comparison to other waste in the military or govt. the CIA is probably the largest money waster.

I totally agree with you 100%. Hell, the Coast Guard was so poor. We carried demilitarized M1 Garands in basic. We only got to shoot pistol. A lot of times when we qualified, we did not have enough ammo for everyone to qualify with the M16 and 870. Yet the crew of the Cutter, got new boots all of the time. They also all got Oakley's and a bunch of other crap. While us station guys got nothing. We had to buy all our own stuff. All that money wasted that could have been spent to buy ammo so we could all qualify, and do so more often.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    thanks for your service in defense of freedom men, heres your challenge coins and we will allow you some photos with me later. Im sorry its taking us longer than expected for us to purchase and distribute your body armor and up armored vehicles and while some of you may die because of this, Im sure you will be pleased to know that your new black berets will be ariving shortly. carry on -- secretary of defense

^^ yeah I made that up, but thats exactly how those dumb ****s think!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom