• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    People are all screaming for .45... Just wait until they see the bill for a massive overhaul to a new pistol, combined with costs for training with the new round... Or old round, however you want to see it.

9mm is just as effective and ineffective as .45. You can unload some hi-cap Para into a guy and if you don't hit them in the engine room or bridge, they are going to be JUST as effective as someone shot in similar fashion as a 9mm. This is purely a training and maintenance issue, not a caliber issue. Our troops training regimen is laughable at best. We have become a bloated bureaucracy and those not doing combat duty are given a pistol. They need a carbine or PDW style weapon: Give them rifle power in a compact package (as their task, driver, medic, etc... requires compact, not power... give them both).

For every ONE person I've heard pitch a fit about the M9, I've heard 10 that have either had no issue or actually had an M9 save their bacon. Then again, the same folks that pitch a fit about the M9 seemed to pitch a fit about anything else the military gave them. "Oh man, what I would have done if I had an M14!!" Well, did they give you one, have you fired one? "No." Stop depending so much on hardware, start looking at the software.

Instead of some new pistol or a larger, more expensive caliber, how about actually spending the money (that our nation DOESN'T have) into training? Oh, yeah, that would be too easy. Just like anything else related to shooting: We want it to be hardware or accessory based, not software (us) based. We want whiz bang, not actual training. We want lasers, we don't want to have to sit through a class and shoot to train. We want idiot crap on our guns, rather than learning to shoot. We want to rely on a caliber or bullet type, not train in shooting past 15 yards.

I find this to be far too true. It seems our government is also supporting such thinking. Like way not train to be better....kinda like welfare system (whole nother issue)

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    FN Five-Seven (5.7 x 28). 20 in the mag, and it will tear the heck out of epoxied Kevlar (some guy asked me to shoot his SAPI plate; it survived one hit, but the 2nd went through with ease).

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am a big FN fan and the 5.7 x 28 has it's pluses, but over penetration may be a problem. I am also a big Colt fan and the 10 mm has it's pluses. I think it may come down to these two rounds. For me, the hard hitting 10 mm would get my Cartridge Vote and Colt would get my Manufacture Vote.

10 will win over the 5.7 by nose. That won't keep me from wanting a 5.7 FN. :>)

Muzzle Flash

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Valpo
    I am a big FN fan and the 5.7 x 28 has it's pluses, but over penetration may be a problem. I am also a big Colt fan and the 10 mm has it's pluses. I think it may come down to these two rounds. For me, the hard hitting 10 mm would get my Cartridge Vote and Colt would get my Manufacture Vote.

10 will win over the 5.7 by nose. That won't keep me from wanting a 5.7 FN. :>)

I didn't read all the post in this thread , but as soon as I seen the first page , there was only one answer the 10 and U.S.Patriot that should be in purple.

Top Bottom