Army's new SIGs ejecting live rounds, can't handle standard ball ammo.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure that the Sig P226 and variants are one, if not - "THE" top tier of handguns.

Some more than others, there are date ranges (particularly early long extractor models) that are more likely to be problematic than others...but still good odds. Short extractor and internal extractor P226s run and run for a long time. My understanding is current long extractors do as well, but I don't know 1st hand.

My former carry P226 is pretty high round count. I broke the decocker lever around 40k rounds, and the front sight's fiber optic fell out at about the same time. Sig replaced the front sight for me, and I changed the decocker myself. The only malfunctions I've had are user induced, failure to lock back on the last round because my thumb was on the slide lock lever.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That is very, very unlike the Marine Corps that I have known. They are usually the last service to change to new weapon technology. Anyone have an idea why they decided to change horses in mid stream?

Each pistol comes with a box of crayons and bottle of glue?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hey, I'm no General but it seems to me that having a bunch of jarheads on the battlefield swinging their own glocks around at the enemy has got to be counter productive.

Top Bottom