• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Like I said, you are being told how you are going to travel. Regardless of how you rationalize it. You are being told you can't fly commercial because you won't play the game.

Does it matter who is complaining? If you don't stand up for the rights of someone else who is going to stand up for yours when you are the next target?

Seriously, that's about the stupidest thing I've read on INGO this year.

You can twist and contort the logic however you want, but the point remains this. There are rules. If you want to play the game, you follow the rules. If you don't want to follow the rules, don't play the game. The decision is entirely yours.

The airlines makes the conveyance available. They determine the schedule, cost, etc. The government determines the rules to use the conveyance. I decide whether I will use the conveyance. That decision is based upon an analysis of the totality of the circumstances.

I've had two opportunities to fly. I've passed on both. I'll not be groped and my name isn't Rosa Parks. I feel no overriding urge to go to jail over something that I've decided I won't participate in.

If it's such a big deal for you go out to the airport, set off the metal detector, and refuse to get patted down. Have someone else video the whole event. Let us know what it gets you.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    It is all just part of the overall multi-faceted plan to get every worker in the country unionized and everyone desensitized to seeing your freedoms being eroded in larger chunks than before when it was just a constant slow process. After we see individuals picked on enough, it will not be a big thing after a while. Next will come public strip searches. However, about the only thing that you can do under the present regime is to drive or take the bus or train or a cruise ship if you want to go to Hawaii. The bammer and Janet will not offend the moslems by profiling so just be prepared to be groped and fondled by the perverts at the TSA. Do they have a DADT policy at the TSA?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Seriously, that's about the stupidest thing I've read on INGO this year.

You can twist and contort the logic however you want, but the point remains this. There are rules. If you want to play the game, you follow the rules. If you don't want to follow the rules, don't play the game. The decision is entirely yours.

The airlines makes the conveyance available. They determine the schedule, cost, etc. The government determines the rules to use the conveyance. I decide whether I will use the conveyance. That decision is based upon an analysis of the totality of the circumstances.

I've had two opportunities to fly. I've passed on both. I'll not be groped and my name isn't Rosa Parks. I feel no overriding urge to go to jail over something that I've decided I won't participate in.

If it's such a big deal for you go out to the airport, set off the metal detector, and refuse to get patted down. Have someone else video the whole event. Let us know what it gets you.
    Stupid because it isn't in agreement with what you call logic? You like to feel in control so you're naturally going to think that they aren't telling you how to travel because you aren't going to travel or you are going to go another way. Guess what, buddy. You AREN'T in control, they've told you how you aren't going to travel by taking away one of your options. You've bent over and taken it like a champ. The best part is they've got you thinking you're the winner.

We are the customers. We are paying them money to cater to our whims. We aren't paying them to do a colonoscopy. Especially with the same gloves they've used on a thousand other people.

Next time I fly I'm not getting scanned OR groped. Bank on it.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Read about the Montgomery bus boycotts. Civil Rights were achieved in the South not because of some law but because blacks nearly bankrupted the municipal bus system.

Freedom isn't free. You have to give up something in order to get something. Complaining isn't giving up anything. It's just finding something to do with your time.

I feel what you are saying. Airlines are already in trouble but they are throwing our money at them. I am hoping the DHS gets a massive cut in funds! As soon as budgets are released we will know how much they are wasting.

custom2006

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    La Porte
    Like I said, you are being told how you are going to travel. Regardless of how you rationalize it. You are being told you can't fly commercial because you won't play the game.

Does it matter who is complaining? If you don't stand up for the rights of someone else who is going to stand up for yours when you are the next target?

Exactly! Reminds me of what Martin Niemoller said...

First they came for the Jews
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left
    to speak out for me.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Ok, let me say right up front that I don't like the policies in place at airports. HOWEVER did this woman not know that she was going to be searched? Who hasn't heard of the full body pat downs or the scanners? If you don't want to go through these "security" measures (and I use these terms VERY loosely) DRIVE.

Thats not the point. When will YOU finally cry foul? The answer is when you have no other options. That's the point.
    The American people are sick and tired of having their rights and liberties trampled on for the sole sake of "safety."
    Ask yourself this: How are you going to feel when you can't drive to another state because THAT state doesn't honor your license?
    If they can do it with the Second Amendment, what makes you think they wont do it with a freedom and liberty NOT outlined in the Constitution?

Top Bottom