• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    A fellow I work with was complaining about the number of arrows his early teenage son has been loosing in they yard.. Does any one know of a product that might help him find more of them? Like a beeping knock insert or something?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Zwickee Judo Points will cause the arrow to kick up instead of sliding under the sod - makes them easy to find. They're cheap and fly straight.

J5.jpg

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Keep grass cut and hot pink arrows are what I have found works great for my 10 year old. Ohh and I make him buy his own arrows so he is a great deal more inclined to pay attention to where they go. Over the past 2 years he has lost a single arrow.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, and I should also clarify - lest I be considered to wise of a wise acre - that my 11 yr. old son has shot plenty into the thatchy layer of grass in an around the target in the back yard. We just get on our hands and knees and follow the track until we find them. We only shoot about 8 or so at a time, so it isn't hard to keep track of where they went.

On the couple of occassions we get a flier - takes a strange bounce off the target - it takes a bit longer, but that isn't too often.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am new to archery this year. I've lost several. I put a 4x8 sheet of plywood behind the target. That has helped a lot. I also painted the noc end of the arrow with orange florescent paint. I still manage to bury a few and can't find them. They seem to pop up when I mow. I've manage not to destroy a few.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    How far away are you guys shooting? with a 4x8 sheet of plywood and you still lose a few? Hopefully you are out in the country. Try to master the closer shots 20-30 yards so that 40 is not such a challenge.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    We stacked 20 bails of straw this year to put our targets in front of. It worked as a great back stop. Especially when we decided to mess around and shoos 100 yarda

76chevy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    don't miss??

Bigger target or get closer. Judo points work too to keep arrow out of the grass.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If a Judo does slide under the grass it doesn't slide 2 plots over.
    I've used them for years, from 45# and up recurves to 80+# twin cams.
    They work.
    But with the hotter rigs on squirrels and stuff, they don't always act as blunts.
    They sometimes whistle right through and those spring arms yank a lot of stuff with 'em.

Top Bottom