• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Elmores and BGF have AR's in stock. Elmores has the Sig magpul AR's for 1995.00 (you know the ones Walmart sold for 917.00) and Colts for 2500.00. BGF has Bushmaster, DPMS, and I think a Rock for 1800.00. Go clean em' out!

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Elmores and BGF have AR's in stock. Elmores has the Sig magpul AR's for 1995.00 (you know the ones Walmart sold for 917.00) and Colts for 2500.00. BGF has Bushmaster, DPMS, and I think a Rock for 1800.00. Go clean em' out!

BGF stand for Beech Grove Firearms? That is surprising if so. I wonder if the suppliers jack up the price causing them to up it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    BGF stand for Beech Grove Firearms? That is surprising if so. I wonder if the suppliers jack up the price causing them to up it.

That may be what is happening. A week or so ago, I sent an email to a LGS I've dealt with previously and he said the distributors were jacking their prices to him...FWIW.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I didn't purchase from Elmores anyway. They're rude and expensive. I'm 26, clean cut, respectful but all they saw was young kid and I was treated like I was an annoyance.

This just furthers my feelings on them.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel

I'm not sure about those suppliers specifically but a friend who carries Aresanal's products said his cost went up 25% two weeks ago from the distributor. Also, when I was at Elmore's last the few remaining ARs seemed high when I asked about that they were all used ones being sold on consignment and the owner set the prices.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I didn't purchase from Elmores anyway. They're rude and expensive. I'm 26, clean cut, respectful but all they saw was young kid and I was treated like I was an annoyance.

This just furthers my feelings on them.

Thats why I deal with Bradis for 99% of my gun business. They took the time to talk to me and always treated me like I was a person and not just another punk kid. Im only 25 btw.

Even though I somtimes showed up on my bike and in full on "punk street biker" gear.

Now I know most of them on a first name basis.

Shooter521 was the one who turned me to INGO too. :ingo:

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    OK ask them how much they will pay for a AR 15.During the last ban is why I will never go to BRADIS again.Nothing now will top what they told me and I have witnesses.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

A local shop I pickup most of reloading components said the same thing. He had a Remington R-15 VTR he had gotten in. Said he was listing it for $1995, didn't have much of a choice since his distributor raised their price to him.

Shudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Dec 25, 2012
    I was at Cabin Fever Guns and Ammo today and they had a few ARs in stock. An M&P 15 sport (used, I believe) for $1,200, the OR version (new) for $1,600, a DPMS for $1400 or so. In case anyone is interested.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    OK ask them how much they will pay for a AR 15.

We'd have to see the gun in question first. But as a rule of thumb, on current-production guns in excellent condition, we typically go ~60% of whatever our wholesale price would be on a new one. From that base, we would adjust accordingly for additional parts/mags/ammo, desirability, and what we currently have on the rack. You can ALWAYS do better selling privately than you can trading or selling to a dealer, and we inform potential sellers of this up front.

During the last ban is why I will never go to BRADIS again.

Hold grudges much? :dunno: The last ban expired in 2004. Many things have changed since then, both in the AR market and in the shop itself.

What are you guys hearing from your distributors about future pricing? Going up?

From what we've seen thus far, pricing has taken a bit of a jump on some things, as it typically does around the first of a new year, but nothing really crazy. Availability is going to be a *****, though.

Top Bottom