• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My guess would be there's a lot of them for sale because there's a lot of them out there.
    Just like you see many Glocks for sale all the time.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I think the classifieds seem normal to me. I'd bet they are more popular than ever. Everybody and their brother is making them now days and prices are as good as ever before.

Last edited:

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    People are dumping their Obama scare pile. Many ran out and bought 4 and 5 AR's whenever there was a news conference about gun control.

HA!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    There are a couple gun sales web sites that say they are still their top selling guns, and it appears that way at the gun stores I frequent. They have a lot of them, but they always seem to turn inventory over. Lots of sales on the classifieds can mean high popularity. It doesn't necessarily mean they are less popular.

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    Does this mean expensive sunglasses and gloves with the fingers cut out are going to go out of style too? AR guy (usually) sticks out like a sore thumb at the range I frequent.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    As many have stated, now is the time to buy. Something will drive prices up again. Typically there's no warning, they are cheap when you went to bed and skyrocketed in the morning. If nothing else, I'm sure prices will creep up before the election.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My idle speculation is that lots of folks ran out and bought them during the panic or as their first gun, certain that it was the only thing suitable for their purposes.
    Only later did many of them realize that they would prefer a bolt, lever, or other type of gun, and one that doesn't look like a Phase Plasma Rifle in 40-watt Range.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My idle speculation is that lots of folks ran out and bought them during the panic or as their first gun, certain that it was the only thing suitable for their purposes.
    Only later did many of them realize that they would prefer a bolt, lever, or other type of gun, and one that doesn't look like a Phase Plasma Rifle in 40-watt Range.

I am still waiting for the Phase Plasma offerings.
    I will hold out for the 80 Watt unit.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We covered this after Sandy Hook. There will be a swell, then a retreat. Basic economics--market saturation: Market saturation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now is the time to buy, not sell.

Buy lowers as they are easier to stow. Buy lowers cheap, stack them deep.
    QFT. Buy extra BCGS & CHS too. Those were like Gold during the last panic. You could occasionally find upper assemblies without BCGS & CH. Lotta good those did.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    I have built two ARs. Loads of fun. I want to build a 45 now. Where are good places to source parts?

Top Bottom