• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am not trying to skirt the classifieds with this. I have no need to do that.

What are some opinions on the future of my 104UR that I SBR'd?
    I have been going back and forth about selling it to raise some cash but at the same time I see potential for increase in value and would hate if I sold it now only to see a dramatic increase.
    The only real down side to it right now is the price of ammo, hopefully that may change in the future..

This is one of my favorites but I hardly shoot it anymore and have moved on to new favorites :)

Opinions?

20230816_183825.jpg

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    PSA will likely make 5.45 available fairly cheap in the coming year(s) with their ammo production kicking up speed and calibers.

I'd keep it if I were you - but if I were me I'd never have gotten into 5.45 - if it were after the Russian ammo ban at least - so I'd probably sell it while the market is high and buy a ton of ammo for the new favorite before another plandemic causes it to go up 100%+ again

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Personally, I'd hang onto it unless you're hard up for funds right now or need cash to dump into another important project or grail gun.

Prices on higher end AKs have actually come down a bit post-covid, in this damp garbage heap of an economy. Add to that the extra patience of selling an SBR as-is, or taking the steps to remove it from the registry. And then combine that with the fact that 5.45 ammo has skyrocketed in price while simultaneously all but vanished from retailers.

Sure, PSA's vaporware claims may actually materialize (speaking of, how's that krink of theirs coming along...), K-USA crapped the bed on its "exclusive" 5.45 ammo claims (Bonnie Rotten just couldn't hold it in anymore, apparently), and now we AK-74 fanboys are holding our collective breath on the great Azerbaijani hope (see "K-USA," above).

My point being that most folks aren't looking to pay collector prices for a gun when the food to feed it is also so scarce and expensive. And I don't see stamped Bulgarian guns climbing exponentially higher in value than where they are at now or even about a year ago. If we see an actual, consistent stream of quality ammo in the near future, I would reconsider my suggestion to hold (especially in an election year), but unless you badly need the funds I'd keep that beauty in your safe.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'd keep it. I don't see the monetary value declining much over time. (There's a 66% chance it'll stay the same value or go up in 10-15yrs) Sure it may decline some but I see the majority of its value easily retained just simply because it's an imported krink. I can't believe up to this point that a democratic president hasn't banned imported "assault" rifles. He could do that with the stroke of a pen. If he did that would force manufacturers like Arsenal and Zastava to start manufacturing their AKs at their US base. Then they'd be stamped Made in USA. That would bother a lot of people. I've had 1 USA made Glock and it functioned the same as a Made in Austria but a lot folks don't want a USA stamped Glock.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm to the point I am almost unwilling to part with a gun I like. A gun I am "meh" about is getting harder to part with. My vote is to keep it and let me play with it.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I agree overall about keeping it. I just have the itch for some quality night vision :)

Top Bottom