Arsenal found in Sharpsville man’s home...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    July 31, 2010
    Arsenal found in Sharpsville man’s home
    Howard County sheriff says Tuesday’s shooting in Tipton County could have been worse

By MIKE FLETCHER
    Tribune staff writer

Kokomo — Authorities have discovered a small arsenal of weapons, including a fully automatic assault rifle, inside the home of a Sharpsville man who took his own life last week after firing shots at a neighbor’s home.

Arsenal found in Sharpsville man’s home » Local News » Kokomo Tribune; Kokomo, Indiana

:dunno:

Last edited:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Arsenal?

The link for the story did not work. I would like to know exactly what turns a collection into an arsenal. Most INGO members own more than one firearm. Do we all have an arsenal in our homes. "Cache" is another term used by the media to put a negative slant on any firearm related story. The media seems to always look at the negative side, good news is no news.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Yeah, have wondered that myself. See news stories where two or three LEO's carry out guns and oh my goodness, why so many???!!!! If anything ever happened here, I would make the news, would take quite a few more LEO's to carry out my collection.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Actually, from reading this, it looks like the press *may* have actually been accurate for a change. They don't specify how many guns he had, but they got the assault rifle right. It was an fully-automatic AR-15, not your usual semi-automatic. Oh, and it doesn't look like he cared about following NFA rules either as he apparently removed the serial numbers.

All the details aren't out, but considering he had been tracking police activity in the area, had shot at his neighbors house the previous evening, and then committed suicide when the police arrived, he sounds like the poster child for both anti-gun legislators and LEOs. Sigh...

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Thanks for link.

Other than someone that broke the law by modifying a firearm, I see no news in the story. Don't get me wrong the guy appears to have been a wacko. I think the headline of "Crazed man shoots at neighbors home them takes own life" would have been more correct. The poor guy obviously had some mental issues. The sheeple don't understand the firearm enthusiast any more than we understand them.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Difference between an arsenal and a collection?

80 year old WWII vet dies in his sleep of natural causes. Police discover 100 various weapons concurrent to discovering his body. That's a collection.

24 year old dies in his sleep from fumes while cooking meth. Police discover (the same) 100 various weapons concurrent to discovering his body. That's an arsenal.

The answer is "spin."

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Actually, from reading this, it looks like the press *may* have actually been accurate for a change. They don't specify how many guns he had, but they got the assault rifle right. It was an fully-automatic AR-15, not your usual semi-automatic. Oh, and it doesn't look like he cared about following NFA rules either as he apparently removed the serial numbers.

All the details aren't out, but considering he had been tracking police activity in the area, had shot at his neighbors house the previous evening, and then committed suicide when the police arrived, he sounds like the poster child for both anti-gun legislators and LEOs. Sigh...

Absolutely.

“But once we saw the firepower contained inside the home, we realized it could have been horrific if Rhodes had continued shooting.”

I could see a case like this getting spun into an excuse for registration. I mean, if the police could have pulled up the information on what kind of "arsenal" (collection) this guy had, they would have known exactly how many to send, right?:dunno:

Fortunately, many agencies tend to go all out in such incidents, so the likelihood of something like this happening and only one or two officers responding is about nil, thus reducing the likelihood of the massacre the libtards would love to have to push any anti-gun agenda they think they could get away with.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    "Rhodes was also in possession of a high-quality gas mask, which he did not use when SWAT members tossed tear gas inside the home."
    :scratch:
    He was dead when they went into the house and there is no mention of hearing a shoot fired inside the house. How dose a dead guy put on his gas mask?

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    AR? Check.

Multiple rifles? Check

Mutliple shotguns? Check

Multiple handguns? Check

Multiple rounds of ammo of several calibers/gauges? Check

Gas masks? Check (5)

If there was a news story about me, I'm sure it would read "arsenal." You gotta love the press.

Top Bottom